Request for Ideas from WolfPak

Mark:

How about some 72 scale WWII or Korean war ordnance? 110/250 lb bombs, napalm tanks,

5 inch rockets with AT or HE warheads. Most of the 72 scale kit makers aren't very generous

w/ underwing stuff.

Decals: 72 scale F8's, Skyrays, Skyraiders...something different from the repetitive offerings.

good luck...

72dad

Some other ideas hit me this morning....................

Decals.........

509th Silverplate Atomic Bombers

ANG Huns

On the resin side I'd like to see some of the Tallboy & Tarzon bombs, early oversized nuclear weapons, and maybe some of the small tactical nukes. Even if they can't be used on a model I'd like to build some as stand-alone displays. I've got so many weapons in my stash I've been thinking about measuring the Y-Stands we have in our shop and displaying weapons by themselves on little 1/48th scale Y-stands. Maybe recreate those famous photos of a vast array of weapons displayed with an aircraft.

Chappie

I've already posted my suggestions/requests, but as long as we have some decal pros on here....

Where do you find the font/size/angle for the aircraft decals? I have a couple of pilot friends and would love to be able to print the driver and jet number decals with their name to put on my builds. Also, when I get to my own mudhen, I'd love to build one with my name and jet number.

Any help?

If I could only have 1 thing in resin, it'd be a 1/72 LAU-115. The Sparrow launcher. Hornets need it, Super Hornets need it, and F-20's need it.

Also, it's not just the Sparrow launcher. If you combine it with readily available Sidewinder or AMRAAM launch rails, you get the Hornet's dual-Sidewinder and dual-AMRAAM launcher. If you want to do those neat "bunch of AMRAAM" air-show loads on a Super Hornet, you need a LAU-115 to start with.

Make the jettison adapter a separate piece please, it's only NEEDED when carrying AMRAAMs, but it's usually left on all the time nowadays---but shouldn't installed for anything pre-AMRAAM days.

2nd choice---CFT pylons to make an ACCURATE F-15E in 1/72. And the bulged gear doors, etc.

3rd--probably F-14/16 upgrades, mainly GE nozzles, and better beer-can antennas for the -16.

PS---Mk83's! My favorite bomb, especially the AIR version. But there's none at all in 1/72.

Edited by David Hingtgen
If I could only have 1 thing in resin, it'd be a 1/72 LAU-115. The Sparrow launcher. Hornets need it, Super Hornets need it, and F-20's need it.

Also, it's not just the Sparrow launcher. If you combine it with readily available Sidewinder or AMRAAM launch rails, you get the Hornet's dual-Sidewinder and dual-AMRAAM launcher. If you want to do those neat "bunch of AMRAAM" air-show loads on a Super Hornet, you need a LAU-115 to start with.

Make the jettison adapter a separate piece please, it's only NEEDED when carrying AMRAAMs, but it's usually left on all the time nowadays---but shouldn't installed for anything pre-AMRAAM days.

2nd choice---CFT pylons to make an ACCURATE F-15E in 1/72. And the bulged gear doors, etc.

3rd--probably F-14/16 upgrades, mainly GE nozzles, and better beer-can antennas for the -16.

PS---Mk83's! My favorite bomb, especially the AIR version. But there's none at all in 1/72.

I STRONGLY second every thing he just said!!!

• 1 month later...

all 72 requests :thumbsup:

Well since there is a little lack of interesting Vigilante subjects I would suggest:

VAH-7 with black tail and white star

And the other 2 painted in SEA and special paint camouflage.All 3 subjects were done in 48 but not in 72

Sticking with Vietnam War I would like to see some A-7 A/B subjects,there is not too much choice around,only after-war aircraft with bicentennial markings and the rest is a load of boring CAG or show birds with no weapons hanging around.Same thing for Intruders.

My beloved Terrible Tyke :)

http://www.modelersite.com/Dic2000/English...ntom_GG_Eng.htm

I have better scans from a magazine and I can try to drawn the art.For Intruder,Corsair and Vigilante reference I'm using p2p as reference no other choice than evilbay and collectors :)

Luigi

How about USN P-3 decals? There isn't a whole lot out there for P-3's.

I have been wanting build a VX-30 P-3C, but no decals currently exist.......

Daniel

Second that one!

Mark

WEll It may not be weapons or decals, but now that meteor is down, there are still people looking for the 1/48 EA-6B correction set. so something like that is welcome also.

And I think all the weapons I need are already noted in this topic. :thumbsup:

I'd like to see some 1/48 scale "man in the loop" weapon systems, both weapons and data link pods. Walleye/SLAM/SLAM-ER and AN/AWW-13 data-link pod for Navy/Marines aircraft are what I am looking for. I'm sure there are some Air Force modelers who would like to see AGM-130 and AN/AXQ-14 Data Link Systems as well. And for a mix, the new S Korean F-15Ks will be fielding the SLAM/AWW-13 combo. I dont know of any after market sources for datalink pods and few for any of the weapons other the the Has. Weapons Set D for SLAM (but not SLAM-ER).

1. Mig killing Skyraiders and Skyhawks from Vietnam.

2. More Skyraiders and more Skyraiders. There are a lot of squadrons and eras that haven't been done, yet.

3. Kitty Hawk's camouflaged detachment in 1966 (F-4Gs - the Navy type, Viggies, Skyhawks, Intruders, etc.).

4. Mig killing Phantoms other than the Cunningham/Driscoll bird. VF-96 had at least one other Mig killer, as did the Silver Kings.

5. F-14 Sukhoi killers against Libya, both VF-32 and VF-41.

6. Mig killing F-105s.

That's my list for starters. Oh, and please, linebirds, not just nonstop CAG birds. CAG birds are nice, but after awhile... Give me some grime!

Robert

1/72 decals (low viz) for ANG C-130H!

1/72 conversoin for modern MC- HC-130!

Cheers, Anton

Mig killing Skyraiders and Skyhawks from Vietnam.

Kitty Hawk's camouflaged detachment in 1966 (F-4Gs - the Navy type, Viggies, Skyhawks, Intruders, etc.).

Mig killing Phantoms other than the Cunningham/Driscoll bird. VF-96 had at least one other Mig killer, as did the Silver Kings.

Mig killing F-105s.

I like these ideas! Of course, with an HC-130 conversion, there needs to be decals... :)

Edited by Trigger

How 'bout a replacement set for the LEX'es of the Academy 1/32 Hornet. IMHO, the shape of them on the kit is off. Same goes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Hornet, although the LEX shape on this kit comes very close to the real thing. I am pretty much aware that I am alone with such a request though.