Which is your favorite teen jet fighter?

F-14 for me. When I was in High School I liked the F-15, but then I saw an F-14D perform at an airshow and the power of that thing was just incredible with the dull roar of its engines. The F-15 does rank a close second though as both fighters are to me what a US Fighter should be... big, bad, capable of beating the enemy into submission without breaking a sweat. That is why I also like the Raptor as well (but it isn't a teen fighter).

Now F-16s are nice and cool and I love how they are like the Mazda sportscar of fighters, but I still prefer the jaw dropping power of something with twin tails and two big honking engines on it that doesn't require a lot of tanker support to get it to a distant target and back (which the F-18 does).

Never got the chance to fly the Tomcat, or any of the single-seat Eagle/Hornet flavors. Haven't ridden a Super Hornet yet.

Most of my "fighter" hours are in the Viper, which is a fun little ride - ours are low block and so not very gucci from a "systems" point of view, but from a day VFR, fly around and do things that probably violate most of the laws of physics, it's a fun little jet. And that reclined seat? Actually does make a difference.

Hornet is slightly less comfortable (Navy should have gotten on the Air Force bandwagon when it came to harnesses, for one, and the straight up and down seat makes Gs more inconvenient). On the other hand, I've got better situational awareness in one of those than one of our Vipers. On the other OTHER hand, our Hornets at my present command are way old and have some serviceability issues... which is why most of my time has been in Vipers.

The one Strike Eagle ride I had (I got sent to the 391st to give a lecture and in return for my "trouble" they took me up) exposed me to hands-down the nicest man-machine interface I'd ever seen. Intuitive, user friendly displays, and near-galactic SA without really trying all that hard. And it was my first experience using VOX, which was an earth shattering revelation for me. That, and at least in the slick configuration, that thing has got some giddyup.

B-52

Nothing beats the mighty B-52, even the tweet bows down before it.

Chuck Norris is afraid of it!

and the Taliban tinkles in its turban when they hear the booms!

Tomcats become nuetered

Eagles, defeather themselves

Hornets lose thier sting

Falcons drop from the sky

Cobra's go to pre prototype stages

ANY QUESTIONS????

Ric

:banana:

F-104, of course. Italian enthusiasts miss them so much... :thumbsup:

Speaking of the types specified in the topic, I would say all of them. Anyhow, I think that the Eagle's wing is a real prodigy of the modern aerodynamics (meaning it has unbelievable performance without slats, bells and whistles) and that Viper, if clean, is still the real hot-rod of the skies :D