Inside jokes of ARC

I meant to ask this over in the FAQ section, but is there some kind of executive summary of the whole Moai Vincent thread?

No and deliberately not. Because we want to keep executives out of the loop. Go back to the beginning of the thread and start reading.

Edited by Fishwelding
Tweet is not a joke for all of us here.

You bet your grandmother's *** The :thumbsup: Almighty Tweet* is no joke!

It is the aviation alpha and the omega! :banana: Almighty Tweet pilots are among God's own prototypes; they're some kind of high-powered mutants never even considered for mass-production. Too weird to live and too rare to die. The T-37 itself is a force of nature! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever!

t-37.jpg

Above: A T-37 displays it's rarely seen VTOL capabilities.

The T-37s immensely successful design has spawned many clones...

CT-114 "Snow Tweet"

ct114_02_01.jpg

You think the Snowbirds fly the CT-114 because it's cheap? No way; the Snowbirds are no fools. They choose the CT-114 because of it's :coolio: Almighty Tweet heritage, making it the most bad*** aircraft in the CAF.

A-6 "Sea Tweet"

a6e165c.jpg

Grumman took the basic T-37 arrangement and beefed it up for this clone so that it would have more room under the wings for pylons and additional internal space for fuel (the A-6 was powered by jet fuel, but the T-37 was powered by a fusion reactor and had no need for large fuel tanks). The A-6 Sea Tweet was the most bad*** aircraft to ever grace an aircraft carrier (sorry Tomcat Mafia, but it's true).

L-29 "Tweetski"

l29delfintrainer_show.jpg

In an attempt to create the most bad*** aircraft in the Soviet air forces, the builders of this clone tried to re-arrange the seating from a side-by-side solution to a tandem one (to reduce drag). While it failed to live up to the original, as a result of lessons learned from this and to try to capture lighting in a bottle, Sukhoi chose a side-by-side solution for the Su-34 and Kamov for the Ka-52; just like The :doh: Almighty Tweet

And deep down inside we know it's just a trainer.

Ah yes, thank you to my personal assistant for reminding me to address the claims of the doubters. What he has done is to cite a great example of what people who cannot cope with the sheer awesomeness that is The :worship: Almighty Tweet tell themselves. It doesn't subscribe to their personal politics or morality and they don't know how to deal with it otherwise. Oh, they'll try to belittle or marginalize the T-37's contribution to aviation and world history, but they just end up sounding like Jodie Foster from "Nell"—chika-bayyyyyyy, chika-bay-hay....., chicka-tayyyyyy—and their logic being as useful as a snooze button on a smoke alarm.

*-that is actually the proper way to refer to the T-37 or the A-37. The A-37 may also be referred to as "Dragonfly" or "Killer Tweet"

as a result of lessons learned from this and to try to capture lighting in a bottle, Sukhoi chose a side-by-side solution for the Su-34 and Kamov for the Ka-52; just like The Almighty Tweet

Oh, so if side-by-side arrangement is a pure Tweetism, I must be driving a land-based Tweet myself, don't I?

And for the record, L-29 is a Czech aircraft. Maybe you knew it, but anyway.

A-6 "Sea Tweet"

a6e165c.jpg

Grumman took the basic T-37 arrangement and beefed it up for this clone so that it would have more room under the wings for pylons and additional internal space for fuel (the A-6 was powered by jet fuel, but the T-37 was powered by a fusion reactor and had no need for large fuel tanks). The A-6 Sea Tweet was the most bad*** aircraft to ever grace an aircraft carrier (sorry Tomcat Mafia, but it's true).

Indeed, Grumman's first business was Locomotives, heavy cranes, and massive steel ingots used for weight measurements by the Moais, but they had built a few airplanes sometime during the war crisis of the 1940s. Grumman essentially just added parts from their 250-ton overhead mill crane to the T-37 to produce the A-6. For the EA-6, they simply added electronics gear purchased from the (infamous) but later-to-be prosecuted "Crazy Eddie."

The F-14 was frankly less of a success, most aviation experts agree, because Grumman attempted to develop their own airframe, instead of using a Cessna starting product. Grumman closely studied the North American Turkey-Buzzard, hoping to gain insights on this (to their mind) remarkable bird. The result was the eponymous Tomcat.

Oh, so if side-by-side arrangement is a pure Tweetism, I must be driving a land-based Tweet myself, don't I?

Another great example of The :thumbsup: Almighty Tweet's contribution to world history!

And for the record, L-29 is a Czech aircraft.

Yup. Outsourcing. It was a great way to throw off western spy agencies; none of them expected Czechoslovakia to produce such an aircraft at that time