Inside jokes of ARC

And don't you forget it. Now where's my boom-stick?

The Fighter Pilot training syllabus?

Course requirements:

--> Do as I say

--> Don't make mistakes repeatedly

--> Argue with me just once and I will kill you.

Grading:

--> You pass or I will kill you.

Course plan: We fly together until you are a danger only to the enemy, or I will kill you.

Academy Honesty Policy: Lie to me just once and I will very much kill you.

Edited by Fishwelding
The Fighter Pilot training syllabus?

Course requirements:

--> Do as I say

--> Don't make mistakes repeatedly

--> Argue with me just once and I will kill you.

Grading:

--> You pass or I will kill you.

Course plan: We fly together until you are a danger only to the enemy, or I will kill you.

Academy Honesty Policy: Lie to me just once and I will very much kill you.

I am officially submitting this as the draft syllabus for the F-22 B-course at Tyndall.

You don't have to understand "The Tweet Thing", it's like "The Chuck Norris Thing" - it's mere existence, is proof of superior beings...

Yeah yeah yeah BUT...Chuck Norris I can understand: man's amusing and is evidently nails hard.

These Tweet planes, are they Gucci or something? Is it that all the ARC Top Gun-alikes started out with them (sort of like the Nissan Micra of the fighter pilot world) and are sentimental over them, or is there a Deeper Truth beneath?

Patrick

Yeah yeah yeah BUT...Chuck Norris I can understand: man's amusing and is evidently nails hard.

These Tweet planes, are they Gucci or something? Is it that all the ARC Top Gun-alikes started out with them (sort of like the Nissan Micra of the fighter pilot world) and are sentimental over them, or is there a Deeper Truth beneath?

You either get it, or you don't. It's a Tweet thing, apparently you wouldn't understand.

IYAATDYAS

Flying Instructors can, I understand, only qualify as such when they have learned to say "I have control" calmly rather than in an agonised terrified scream whilst watching their life flash before their eyes and the ground approach, airspeed fall off, etc.

In the RAF they used to learn this on the Jet Provost http://www.jetprovostheaven.com/ an aeroplane to which a certain Tweet bears a remarkable resemblance ... :D

Edited by MikeC
You either get it, or you don't. It's a Tweet thing, apparently you wouldn't understand.
OK, thanks for that - now I do understand exactly.

People don't just decide arbitrarily to be a Tweet Worshipper. They have an experience. After weeks of fasting, contemplation, and perhaps a rough journey, people are very suddenly struck by the pure genius of Tweet. They find themselves on their knees, crying out "All hail T-37!!" in some ancient tongue they didn't know they could speak, much less knew about.

By contrast, people fully realize the power of the A-10 when, without warning, they are suddenly struck by 200+ rounds of 30mm armor-piercing munitions. Nothing even vaguely spiritual there.

Edited by Fishwelding
Flying Instructors can, I understand, only qualify as such when they have learned to say "I have control" calmly rather than in an agonised terrified scream whilst watching their life flash before their eyes and the ground approach, airspeed fall off, etc.

In the RAF they used to learn this on the Jet Provost http://www.jetprovostheaven.com/ an aeroplane to which a certain Tweet bears a remarkable resemblance ... :cheers:

Pfffft. Easy to be calm when you have your own set of controls.

Try being the calming influence and voice of reason when the nugget to your left makes the ball do a little number called "the supersonic sunset."

Try being the calming influence and voice of reason when the nugget to your left makes the ball do a little number called "the supersonic sunset."

But the Prowler can't go super sonic right? ;)

Oh wait I get it now, it’s all about sink rate. For the guy on the right it must be :P, but for me in the comfort of my own home on a Sunday morning, that choice of words definitely caused a chuckle or 2.