THE Official Convair F-102 Delta Dagger Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics from Wright-Pat! The thing I like about that museum is they always change up the displays. Even when I lived in Kettering and visited regularly there was always something new to see or a new way of seeing it.

BTW, nice pics as I know what a pain it can be to photograph there!

Mark

Thanks Mark,

It was very difficult to get good photos inside the cold war section because of the low lighting and black paint. One of the beauties of digital cameras is that you can see the results and have a chance to correct. Below I have included some pictures of the F102 that is standing guard outside the FANG headquarters here in Jacksonville. They are based at the Jacksonville International Airport. Pics are from 10/05.

F-102.jpg

F-1021.jpg

F-1022.jpg

Harry

These are some pretty bad photos of Deuce drones . They were taken at Holloman in 1978 with the first "real camera" I ever owned, everything before taken with a Kodak Instamatic, or a non SLR 35mm. The film has suffered since I was too cheap at the time to use Kodak processing.

F-102A56-1061HollomanAFBSep78.jpg

F-102A56-1208HollomanAFBSep78.jpg

F-102A56-1323HollomanAFBSep78.jpg

...snip...

F-1022.jpg

Harry

Hey, look! Hasegawa got the inside of the engine inlets exactly right!!

:~)

Just kidding, thanks to you Harry and everyone else who has posted pictures here. I just finished an F-102 and this thread helped me confirm quite a few things.