102nd Fighter Wing - End of an Era

Sad day indeed,I know we miss the "sound of freedom" here in town as well,we only get the occasional military cross-country aircraft come in at the airport.I'm just glad we didn't lose manning numbers when we picked up the Intel mission and actually gained more in the long run.

What the 102nd will be doing in the future I can assure you they will excel at,one chapter closes and another one is started :D

As always Ken,excellent pictures! :blink: Thanks for documenting thier last flying days!

Sad day indeed,I know we miss the "sound of freedom" here in town as well,we only get the occasional military cross-country aircraft come in at the airport.I'm just glad we didn't lose manning numbers when we picked up the Intel mission and actually gained more in the long run.

What the 102nd will be doing in the future I can assure you they will excel at,one chapter closes and another one is started :)

As always Ken,excellent pictures! :) Thanks for documenting thier last flying days!

thanks Dave

Great shots Ken. Even under the poor light.

It's a real shame how the AF is turning out with all of these units being disbanded. A sorry state were in.

Jeff

thanks Jeff, and thanks again to you for helping capture some of their history at McConnell