Corsair II Parking

Good stuff, Bill! Thanks very much. :cheers:

Man, it;s weird looking at a an A-7 with PLAAF markings on it :wacko:

Also, that last batch of DM pics are awesome. I love these type of "Undergoing Maintenance / Ordnance Loading " pictures because they give me loads of diorama ideas. Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Does anybody out there have any "Weasel" A7E's with a load on? TIA

A couple of "Weasel" loads I have loaded during my A-7E days,

HARMs on 1, 2, 7, and 8, Rockeye or APAM on 3 and 6, Sidewiders on 4 and 5

HARMs on 2 and 7, Rockeye or APAM on TERs (centerline and outboard stations) on 1 and 8, Rockeye or APAM on 3 and 6, Sidewinders on 4 and 5.

HARMs on 1 and 8, Rockeye or APAM on 2, 3, 6, and 7.

As you can tell, "Weasel" loads consisted of HARMs and Rockeye/APAM, we only flew Shrikes for training and missile shots. A-7E HARM stations were 1, 2, 7 and 8.

HTH

Reddog :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of neat photo off of Wiki. It's public domain but here's the link just the same.

Vought A-7E Corsair II aircraft of attack squadrons VA-15 Valions and VA-87 Golden Warriors of Carrier Air Wing Six (CVW-6) line the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS Independence (CV-62) in December 1983. The carrier was operating off the coast of Lebanon in support of the multinational peacekeeping force in Beirut. In October 1983 Independence took part in the invasion of Grenada. Date Shot: 7 Dec 1983 Origin: US Defense Visual Information System photograph No. DN-SN-84-05241

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:A7E_CV62_1983.JPEG

Mark

• 1 month later...