B-2 Stealth Bomber

I believe the B-2 can be fitted with a 3rd ACES seat if needs be, those markings denote the hatch area at the rear of the cockpit.

I had the opportunity to get in a B-2 while at Nellis in '05. (at the time I was one of the few to have sat in all of the active stealth aircraft, F-117, F-22 and B-2) The cockpit is smaller than I had imagined, not much room in there at all. The original design had a third crewmember position, but according to the pilot, all its used for now is space for a folding lounge chair or a cooler. The area meant for the third seat is aft of the entry hatch and isnt much bigger than what an ejection seat would take up.

I doubt anyone that actively works on a B-2 will post.

No, there is only 20 (out of 21 built) in inventory...however, I believe they are all named for a state...mostly ones that have/had a senator or someone high-up that supported the program or which had a part in building the aircraft.

Aaron

Two exceptions:

Spirit of Kitty Hawk AV-19 93-1086 (Ostensibly named to also honor North Carolina)

Spirit of America AV-1 82-1066