Blackburn Buccaneer

• 2 years later...

While we're on the subject of Bucc's, one thing I'm unclear about is if there really are little shelves along the rear of the tail bullet for the elevator trim tabs to sit on,

meaning they can only have a positive 'up' position.

Having buillt Buccs for just on 40 years now (starting with the Frog S2 in 1970 as numero uno - the previous Airfix NA39's don't really count) I'm wary of the Airfix 1-48 interpretation.

Sure they have moulded it that way fairly clearly, but then they also did with that awful squashed pancake of an aft spine fairing under the Jaguar's fin.

So with two dedicated books, numerous others that include Buccaneers and 700+ collected interweb photos not answering my question, does anyone have info or even better a clear photo of

the rear of the tail bullet fairing from above?

It would be much appreciated and eliminate one further excuse for avoiding the two in the stash.

• 3 years later...

Thought I would revive this thread with a photo I got from David Bassett, an RAF photographer stationed at RAF Brawdy, Wales in 1987. The photo was taken in 1981 and is of a XV Sqn Buccaneer, from RAF Laarbruch flown by Flt Lt Steve Fisher. David said this shot was taken in memory of Sqn Ldr Ken Tate who sadly lost his life on 'Exercise Red Flag' in the USA.

buccaneer-001b.jpg

Edited by Midway Sailor