Thanks Shion!

Can you give us the refernce for the darkest blue ( I'm planning to do a VFC-12 bird) ?

The dark blue was a custom mix using MM II Bright Blue, Russian Interior Green and Flat White. Sorry... I don't have the actual ratios. I basically matched the color with the Two Bobs insert as a guide. Careful...the paint no. suggested on the insert is more on the greenish side. HTH?

Unfortunately, most contest judging procedures place an emphasis on construction over painting.
Absolutely! And is still done that way.

:tumble:

Thanks for the praise guys! :D

Looking at your model, you would never believe that that is a Monogram Hornet.
Hey Alby, That's what some guy told me at the NATS. He thought is was the Hasegawa kit OOB until he took a closer look. He was rather shocked that it was even possible.:worship: Btw, you'll probably be really interested in one of my next builds. It's IAF in origin and will appear in a major magazine. No...it's not FSM.

:cheers:

Edited by Cyrus Tan

I'm humbled that this thread resurfaced.

Thank you for the kind replies! :D

Holy Hannah! Cyrus, thats awesome! Thanks for posting these. I can't wait to see your A-10

Hey Fuji - The A-10 is almost ready for paint, but on the back burner for now. :coolio: Stay tuned!

There are only a few modelers that can built with the edge that puts their builds over the top and your one of them, GREAT WORK! Excellent finish, great PE details, and just the right mount of pre-shade.
That's high praise coming from you Randy...muchas gracias sir! :whistle:

Cyrus

Hey Cyrus,

I'm glad this thread resurfaced because I missed it first time round. Like your F-4J at Nats 2005, this is a show-stopper but I'm sure it's even more impressive to see it up close and personal. Let us all know when you're magazine project is released. Great stuff, it's inspiring :woo: