Thanks guys!

Hey Cy

did ya fix the doors????

Hey Jimbo...nah I just left it alone. I didn't want to mess with it at this point. Later Amigo! :D
I can't wait to see the hog!
Sorry guys...I had to put in the back burner for now. I just got an e-mail back from an editor from a major model magazine about a different project. I tried to lobby for the A-10, but they would rather publish the other subject for now. :D

I was just about to start building again after a long lapse from the hobby but after seeing that amazing build...I think I'd better read the forums and be a 'Mere mortal' :D

Simply outstanding Cyrus!! :D

Thanks guys but I'm still mortal last time I checked? :thumbsup:

Wish I could build at such a high level. Care yto share how you dropped the flaps on the jet....mainly looking for how you attached them after cutting them off.
Colin...I can only suggest to build at a level that will challenge your modelling skills. Maybe do some scratchbuilding on your next project and or practice your painting?

The CE flaps were not that great IMHO. There were lots of imperfections on my copy so I had to clean them up to my liking. I modified the kit flap hinges. I cut them in half and replaced the pivot point (the circle part) with sheet plastic and glued the other half back to the desired angle. Then I drilled a new locator hole under the resin flap. This part was tricky so be careful. Also, take a look at the DACO book. HTH?

:thumbsup:

Cyrus,

Dang Dude, that is by far the best build model I have seen. Well, now this is the second best, I saw the link to your F-4J :thumbsup: Man your painting skills are out the roof.......just wwwwoooooowwwww. More and more mdels I see, I've come to conclusion that it's all about painting. You don't have to have a lot of extras but if the kit is painted nice, then it's a knock out.

So, can you please share with us how you painted that kit? Pleeeaaaasssseeee :bandhead2:

Mike

More and more mdels I see, I've come to conclusion that it's all about painting. You don't have to have a lot of extras but if the kit is painted nice, then it's a knock out.

So, can you please share with us how you painted that kit? Pleeeaaaasssseeee

Thanks Mike,

Actually it's everthing. IMHO the construction is just as important as decaling, superdetailing, aftermarket, painting etc. The key is to execute them together well. You can have all the aftermarket in the world, but if they are not executed well, then it you won't get the results you want. The camera does not lie and you can see everything, especially up close.

Painting is no secret. preshade, paint, lighten base color by 10%-15%, then post shade more if it's not enough. The key to weathering is to apply very little at a time so that you don't over do it. You can easily over do weathering. Subtle weathering is always better. I always take a step back and look at the model from a distance to see if it's just the right amount of weathering. HTH?

:beer4:

More and more models I see, I've come to conclusion that it's all about painting. You don't have to have a lot of extras but if the kit is painted nice, then it's a knock out.

Unfortunately, most contest judging procedures place an emphasis on construction over painting. If a model isn't built flawlessly, the judges won't consider how well the model is painted and weathered. (In fairness, I haven't judged for quite a few years, so maybe things have changed.)