I'll start the bidding with a 1/48 U-2F 56-6707

Hawk U-2A kit

CE U-2E/F "Ram's Horns" Conversion

CE U-2A/C Super Detailed Cockpit

CE U-2A/D/E Seamless intakes

CE U-2A-F Airframe Upgrade

CE U-2A/C Seamless exhaust

CE Decal 48152, U-2 Dragon Lady #3

If I pull this one off, I may go for a 1/32 RF-4E(S) Shablool next.

Put me down for the Revell 32nd RF-4C......will attempt to shoe-horn a Black Box "C" cockpit in and using reference material, get it "close enough for government work".

Will be trying for the first time some pre-shading techinque. (wish me luck)

Markings will be of Alabama Air Guard...Birmingham 106th TRS...Desert Storm...shark mouth.

Will also be entering this one in the IPMS region 3 contest in Anniston, Alabama on April 5th....

Good to go,

Jim

I will be in with.......

1/48 RA-5C Vigi with Hoot owl decals CVW-8 around 1977

1/48 CF-104 104900 circa 1968.........Nevermind, read the rules, the recon POD is verbotten. :D

1/48 RF-4C ZZ tail code

Perhaps a few more phantoms too.

Edited by phantom

I'll be in for this one.

1/48 Tamiya PRIV Mosquito plus Cutting edge BIV cockpit, markings TBA

1/48 Heritage Aviation resin Spitfire PR XIX

If I get time maybe a Tamiya Spitfire converted to an early PR Spit.

Fingers crossed!

PRMossie-Copy.jpg

Edited by Heff3

Okay............................here's my proposed builds. The Mods may have to decide on the first one, though. The war was over before it could fly its first operational mission.

1. Kugisho R2Y1 18-Shi "Keiun" Japanese Navy Reconnaissance plane (1/72 FineMolds).

2. Royal Thai Air Force RC-47 Dakota (1/72 Italeri).

3. RF-4C (1/72 - Italeri or ESCI).

Larry

Okay............................here's my proposed builds. The Mods may have to decide on the first one, though. The war was over before it could fly its first operational mission.

1. Kugisho R2Y1 18-Shi "Keiun" Japanese Navy Reconnaissance plane (1/72 FineMolds).

2. Royal Thai Air Force RC-47 Dakota (1/72 Italeri).

3. RF-4C (1/72 - Italeri or ESCI).

Larry

Larry, I think prototype reconnaissance aircraft are OK as long as 1) they actually flew and 2) they are shown in the markings and scheme they wore during their actual flights. What they might have looked like in operational markings gets into the what-if realm.

Larry, I think prototype reconnaissance aircraft are OK as long as 1) they actually flew and 2) they are shown in the markings and scheme they wore during their actual flights. What they might have looked like in operational markings gets into the what-if realm.

Thanks, Dave. That's a good decision for me. The aircraft actually made three test flights, before the engine burned up. The war ended before anymore flights could be made.

Larry

Hi everybody

This is my first group build I'm going to try, and although it might sound ambitious I'm building a RAAF AP3C Orion from the 1/72 Hasegawa kit with the new big Ed set, and bomb bay, although ill still need to modify some of the antennas. If I get time ill even include the new EWSP mod which is just being incorporated.

Hi everybody

This is my first group build I'm going to try, and although it might sound ambitious I'm building a RAAF AP3C Orion from the 1/72 Hasegawa kit with the new big Ed set, and bomb bay, although ill still need to modify some of the antennas. If I get time ill even include the new EWSP mod which is just being incorporated.

Hi. I'm less familiar with the AP-3C version. Is it a specialized reconnaissance variant of the Orion like the EP-3? Generally, maritime patrol aircraft aren't eligible since they have other primary missions like ASW and ASUW instead of intelligence gathering. Sorry.

Edited by Dave Williams
Hi. I'm less familiar with the AP-3C version. Is it a specialized reconnaissance variant of the Orion like the EP-3? Generally, maritime patrol aircraft aren't eligible since they have other primary missions like ASW and ASUW instead of intelligence gathering. Sorry.

Fair cop then, strictly speaking the the AP3C Orion is a maritime patrol aircraft although we hardly have anything to do with ASW anymore, Ill see if I can find anything else in my stash