Okay, I am going to throw my hat into the ring with yet another Phantom, this time for the Recon GB as I already have two cooking for the Phantom GB. Project will be to build an RF-4E of the IRIAF utilizing the 1/48 Hasegawa JASDF RF-4E Phantom kit, but with some minor parts alterations. Reason being is that the plane I plan to do is one of the black bottom Phantoms supplied by the USAF for recon missions over the Soviet border and these planes had the squared off camera bay nose. The RF-4E kit I am utilizing only comes with the rounded camera nose, so I will have to utilize a camera bay piece from a USMC F-4B Phantom kit (I may also swap the wing so I can keep it for EJ Kai use later). Otherwise the kit will be OOB (although I may need to photocopy a set of instructions from a Luftwaffe RF-4E if I want to enter this model as a legit OOB entry at an IPMS contest). Decals used will be Hi-Decal 48023 and Isra-Decal sheet IAF-38, the RF-4 Phantom Stencil sheet.

JMCRF4Ecntents1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Next work on this BG will be a Spitfire Mk.14E "Fighter Recon" Fujimi 1/72 Spitfire with a mix of Aires resin parts( cockpit) and Eduard photoetched.

I'll show box art next saturday............tomorrow I start a work stage in airport for 4 days..........

Ettore

Genova - NW Italy

Edited by Ettore
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm gonna have to bow out of this one. Due to work obligations I've not been able to get to my U-2 build near enough to be able to finish it on time. Such is life, I guess.

:huh: