Hobby Boss 1/48 scale F/A-18C Hornet VMFA-314

Hobby Boss 1/48 scale F/A-18C Hornet VMFA-314

Here's a commission I've been working on, It's one of three in the fantastic digital camo of VMFA-314.

Not a copy of the real aircraft, more of an interpretation of mine on it, so no emails telling me there's a pixel in the wrong place LOL. There are a few decals still to go on ( Knights helmets etc) but they are to be put on by the client at his end. Hope you like them.

Phil.

FA-18C_Digital_1.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_2.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_3.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_4.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_5.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_7.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_9.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_11.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_12.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_14.jpg

There's a video on the spray job on these on Promodellers TV :worship:

WOW! :o That's stunning. Absolutly fantastic. I can't even begin to imagine how much time you spent masking. As an aside, what did you think about the Hobby Boss kit?

:cheers:

Thanks guys, it works out around four hours each to spray them.

As for the kit, it's not the Hasegawa kit and the intake are a horrible shape or thou they do fit better the Hasegawa's. I don't no how much it is in the US, if there's not much in it go for the Hasegawa but the hobby boss one goes together very well, as good as the Hasegawa and you do get a full weapons load too.

The three things I don't like are the intakes (wrong shape), Canopy (over sized a bit I think) and no Clear parts for the lights)

The Same problem as the Hasegawa in no Flair or Chaff Buckets.

Mr Phil Flory,

Please take your model and go home, I dont want to play with you anymore :P !! With that said, you done good, I have thought and thought about how to do this since I first saw one a couple of years ago. And there you go, you made it look great and sound soooooo easy!!! Is there tips and hints on how to paint it, colors and all, on your movie??

WELL DONE SIR!!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

Very nice :cheers: . You have the look down I should say. Right then THIS is the challenge paint scheme for American Hornet fans.

For Canadians I challenge you to the 441 checker scheme. Decals are available for Canmilair.....but YOU have to paint the checkers yourself.

It CAN be done.