Koster PB4Y-2 conversion ????

I've seen it. A friend has one. The hardest part is the cutting-off of the forward and rear fuslage from the original Monogram parts. This is not done in a straight line, but in a series of right angles following panel lines. It probably isn't that bad as long as you are extremely careful. Don't remember much else about it but I don't think it's beyond my skills and I'm not exactly Mr. Super Modeler. Perhaps someone who's built one can give more insight, but if not, I hope this helps a little.

- Patrick

I have the Koster set as well - it looks very nice and complete though you may wish to get the CE Pyn-Up decals as the ones in the Koster set aren't as good. I have not built it - haven't really been into the WW2 era lately - looks pretty straigtforward but it will be a lengthy challenging build. That being said, I don't think it would be much tougher than the CE resin kit would be IMHO.

..Except that the Matchbox kit is 1/72.

The Koster set is for the Monogram 1/48 bird. I've seen it built up, and it looks very nice.

SN (who has a couple of Matchbox Privateers in The Stash)

Hello all;

What are your thoughts on this conversion? :blink: I know CE made one in resin but I can't afford $200 for that. :D I've seen build ups and they look really good. Thanks, Slugman. ;)

very buildable requiring some elbow grease but worth the effort as the shape, etc. is smack on. bill's kits are the beat. everything on my model is painted on - had a blast. the 2nd pic is the -2 and -1, both koster's.

DSC04139.jpg

DSC04135.jpg

plus, the CE set is no longer an option since they ended production with the very last one going as a raffle prize in our Heavies GB. The molds are done and new ones would need to be made in order to cast more conversion sets, and Dave has no plans to do so, so your option, and the better and cheaper one in many people's opinion, is Bill's set.