Hasegawa replacement parts

• 1 year later...

I had a friend of mine just contacted Dragon USA to try and order a replacement canopy for his Hasegawa 1/48 A-4E kit but the woman told him that Dragon USA no longer handles replacement parts for Hasegawa. Anybody know any alternatives?

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by Scooter Man
I had a friend of mine just contact Dragon USA to try and order a replacement canopy for his Hasegawa 1/48 A-4E kit but the woman told him that Dragon USA no longer handles replacement parts for Hasegawa. Anybody know any alternatives?

Thanks,

Tim

Until Hasegawa finds a new US distributor....no.

I know there's a guy over on Modelwarships.com's forum, Gernot Hassenpflug - the man's got contacts and any Japanese model producer, he can get sprues for you, for a small price, and ship them from Japan. I've dealt with him personally, and he's good - he can get you a quote at the least if you want.

Alternately, Hobby Link Japan has a parts service, and if you have a credit card, they'll send you any parts sprue they can source - look it up as well.

Write to Hasegawa direct ( a letter that is not an email)

Hasegawa Seisakusho Company Limited

3-1-2 Yagusu Yaizu

Shizuoka 425 8711

Japan

Clear state what you are after eg 1/48 Hurricane Mk IID Kit # JT52, parts L4, A5, J7 and J11.

Enclose three (3) international reply coupons (purchase from the Post Office) (last time this cost me $10 AUD total including post)

Post and wait 3 weeks. parts will appear in the post with some flyers.

• 7 months later...
Hasegawa is now imported by Great Planes/Hobbico and the number I used to order parts was 217-398-8970.

So far the process has been completely painless. I ordered the parts today and I'll let you know when they get here.

Imported into where?

E-mail contact for Hasegawa parts is PartsSupport@hobbico.com.The address is:

Hobby Services

3002 N Apollo Dr. Ste #1

Champaign,IL. 61822

Ordered some clear parts for a 1/32 F-104.Mailed them a check and had the parts in about three weeks.

Hope this helps.

Vince

They are the new distributors for North America. I had Avro Lancaster kit with bomb bay door missing. They helped me get it direct from Hasegawa in Japan.

• 3 months later...

I ordered parts for three kits from three manufacturers.

Tamiya - One part for a kit that's not in production

Revel/Monogram - Several parts for three different kits.

Hasegawa - Parts for a single kit that is in production.

The Tamiya part arrived first. About 3 or 4 days after I called and asked for it.

The Revel/Monogram order arrived next (maybe 5 or 6 days), but there were problems with it. It was a complex order using their website with multiple parts for multiple kits. The B-25 parts did not arrive but after several phone calls, they got most of it straightened out.

The Hasegawa parts arrived last, at about 7 days, but I got everything I asked for in perfect condition.

The Tamiya part arrived first. About 3 or 4 days after I called and asked for it.

The Revel/Monogram order arrived next (maybe 5 or 6 days), but there were problems with it. It was a complex order using their website with multiple parts for multiple kits. The B-25 parts did not arrive but after several phone calls, they got most of it straightened out.

The Hasegawa parts arrived last, at about 7 days, but I got everything I asked for in perfect condition.

Since this original thread is quite old,and allot of contacts have changed, can you list where you ordered from, and any other details like fees associated with the order.

Curt

These are the latest contact information I have. Any update will be appreciated:

Tamiya - http://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/index.php

Revel/Monogram - http://www.revell.com/support/index.html

Hasegawa - http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/e-w/DISTRIBUTORS/USA.html

These are the latest contact information I have. Any update will be appreciated:

Tamiya - http://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/index.php

Revel/Monogram - http://www.revell.com/support/index.html

Hasegawa - http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/e-w/DISTRIBUTORS/USA.html

The info is correct for Hasegawa,Already did it three months ago . got the parts fast.

• 8 months later...

Just tried the Hasegawa contact (Hobby Support Division, 'Mary Ann') and they gladly ordered the part tree I was after - they will call when it arrives in the US, 4-6 weeks. $9.99 includes postage.

Edited by metroman