Up hill task ended

Oh, i forgot to add this..I have sorta decided on the VAQ-136 paint scheme onboard USS Kitty Hawk for my kit but can't quite make out the nose art's color scheme.

500-20071010-163524.jpg

I got a friend's help and drew out the logo below with the thot of printing my own as the VAQ-136 decal set from Superscale decal was circa 2006 and did not include it. Just wondering if anyone knows if i have gotten the color right... Thanks in advance.

Decal-1.jpg

Chris

Chris,

Have plenty of shots of this bird both overall and close-up.

You have got the blue pretty right but maybe a bit light.

Will have a hunt through my images when I get home tonight. Here is one in the meantime. Taken aboard the USS Kitty Hawk in June 2008.

Cheers!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j222/rod...AG/DSC_0445.jpg

Rodger Kelly

Chris,

Here are a few more of the VAQ-136 CAG brd in action.

Contact me off board if you want bigger images.

Cheers.

Rodger Kelly

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0726.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

Chris,

Have plenty of shots of this bird both overall and close-up.

You have got the blue pretty right but maybe a bit light.

Will have a hunt through my images when I get home tonight. Here is one in the meantime. Taken aboard the USS Kitty Hawk in June 2008.

Cheers!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j222/rod...AG/DSC_0445.jpg

Rodger Kelly

This has to be one of the best works in monogram's Prowler. Excellent! B)

Ivan

Thanks Ivan for your great compliment. I myself was greatly inspired by someone's monogram Prowler and must say mine is still pale in comparison.

Nevertheless, thanks again :)

huge level of self made details......take your time it's coming greatly !

Pat

Thanks Pat. i have been taking my time, literally B) as it has been almost a year since i started this build. The biggest hurdle is actually NOT to do anything to the stock parts...i've failed so far...just sanded/removed all details from the 2 fuel tanks :)

Here are a few more of the VAQ-136 CAG brd in action.

Contact me off board if you want bigger images.

Cheers.

Rodger Kelly

u bet i will!!! Thanks so much Rodger. U r a life saver B) I have been searching high and low in the net but jus couldn't seem to find any close up shots of the nose art. And the best part, the pictures shows a exceptionally clean Prowler(by Navy's standard, that is) which will be great when i start the painting :popcorn:

Drinks on me :)

Hi guys,

I'm back with some minor updates. I am glad to announce that i have completed the work on the main body and have laid primer on it. I have also collected the paints i thot i needed and tested the shades of greys of the TPS scheme. I must say great help has come from Rodger who went all out and provided me with great reference photos of the subject. Those photos has inspired me to double up the effort and wrap up the work so that i can move on to the REAL FUN.

Anyway, below are the 2 photos of the primed kit. I also did the preshading and tested some grey shades. Anyone with good tips on painting TPS scheme pls shoot :bandhead2:

primed1.jpg

primed2.jpg

Cheers!

Chris

Edited by RedFlag

tHanks everyone for your kind words, really want to complete it and see the fruit of my labour :wave:

Anyway, i experimented with some shades of greys from Gunze's range and airbrushed on some post shading using tamiya "magic paint" X-19 as an easy way of depicting weathering... below are the results:

shadesofgrey1.jpg

shadesofgrey2.jpg

Feel free to comment as this is the first time i'm painting TPS

cheers.

yes, if I will see reedition kit somewhere in shop, I will buy it.

Your build is really nice! ;)

Thank you very much. It is a good thing Revell has re-released the 48 scale prowler. :popcorn:

I took a shot of my post-shaded prowler for sharing. I must say painting is thus far the most enjoyable process of this build.

shading1.jpg

feel free to comment, ;)

Chris

Edited by RedFlag

A great build indeed!

I really hope u are planning to post an full article at the ARC gallery next, I will take it as reference when building my Prowler in future.

Those corrections and improvements make this project very interesting.

Cheers.

;)

I really hope u are planning to post an full article at the ARC gallery next, I will take it as reference when building my Prowler in future.

Haha, thanks for the compliment....i will write something to document this build as it is one that is taking the longest to finish.... :shoot:

Amazing work so far. I really want to get one of these now that they've been rereleased and build one. Built one about 15 years ago, and want to do another so bad.

Now would be the best time Adam. The re-release of this kit has ended the drought...jus hope that wplfpack will come to our rescue with a correct set. :salute: