Up hill task ended

Now is time for a minor update....

Managed to squeeze some time to finish the non-slip walk way. I’ve seen from photos that the walkway color can range from black to dark grey to light. i personally prefer the dark grey versions as it breaks the rather dull TPS scheme, so i applied my "artistic license" in this aspect...

painted1-2.jpg

I'd also painted the tail white in preparation of the decal that will be going up. But after some measurement, i realized that my slightly enlarged tail was now bigger than the decal. The only way was to mask and paint the area that exceeded the decal. So i printed out a scanned copy of the tail art and used that as a guide for the mask.

tailart.jpg

Below are the results:

sunnytailed2.jpg

sunnytailed1.jpg

Now the next step is to lay the decal over and hopefully the color will blend in :salute:

Chris

Edited by RedFlag

Thank you everyone for your kind words, really appreciate them. i wish i can speed up the build a little but this "beast" ain't letting up easy....For the past few days, i have been fighting with the tail art and in the process was forced to remove the molded on antenna fairings...However, i am glad to announce that i have succeeded in salvaging the left side and below is the result.

tailartleft.jpg

The blue and yellow lines were masked and sprayed on while the rest of the designs straight from decals. The 2 rectangle holes were where the molded on antenna fairing once were. I had to remove them jus so i can mask those lines straight and notice that the "beer can" is missing in this pic, a victim of circumstance....Frankly, those fairings ought to be separate parts in my opinion....

tailartrght.jpg

Here is the disastrous right hand side. In the removal process, i have to sand off the earlier painted design. This will set me back some time :doh:

Fortunately, there is change in tide and my little experiment with printing my own nose art decal works :rolleyes: Granted, i only succeeded on the fifth try but hey, i'm not complaining :lol:

nosedecal.jpg

Thanks for looking. Cheers!

WOW, this is one of the hottest models I have ever seen. If I could I would marry her! hehe, kidding! Redflag you have proven yourself to be a master modeler! AWESOME F'in job, cant wait to see more!

Eye-watering work! Is this going into a museum? Because it probably should!

LOL :lol: Thanks for the compliment Karl but i'm not worthy...For one, i'll probably not do another monogram Prowler until a better correction kit comes along... So being my one and only, i thot i'll try alittle harder.

:bandhead2: Wow.

I can't decide if your Prowler is inspiring me to go retrieve one of mine from the stash.. or to sell the entire stash and take up rock gardening....

Hey, u r back :wave: go on and take that first step and give your prowler a go. if it doesn't work out then there is always rock gardening... :beer4:

i thot i should bring this up since i'm still at the decalling stage. For those who own the Superscale decal no 48-1166, there is a small error on the portside tail art. See pic below...

decalissue.jpg

The order of the alphabets (circled in blabk) are reversed. The picture below, courtesy of Rodger, clearly indicate otherwise.

decalissue2.jpg

Hope this tip helps :bandhead2:

Quite a curious error on the decal sheet.... an error in the buno or misspelled aircrew name would be understandable, but you'd think that given how much VAQ-136 is photographed Superscale would have gotten the tailcode right.... Nice catch!

The difference between building with or without refs......well spotted dude!

How did you correct it?

Simple dude. i jus sliced the tail decal up and set them right. i ended up painting most of the design as the thin lines supplied in the decal sheet are too filmy for me to handle but the end result is still acceptable. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Since everyone here, (including myself) appear to be EA-6B modelers, I thought I'd share this.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the person who did the painting.

But I thought it was pretty cool!

401px-EA-6B_Prowler_golden_canop-1.jpg

Thanks for sharing Pete, and i have to agree, it is COOL :salute: U will have to stare real hard to notice that it is a painting....