Why isn't 1/32 more popular?

Had a bit of down time this weekend and thought I'd play with an idea... Still some empty space to fill and not sure what to put in there. I can't promise that this will be a sheet that's sent to print, but if you want it, it would be great to get some feedback.

32004VF-101airshowtempx.jpg

-brian

Brian,I would love that sheet in 1/32!

-Dave

Had a bit of down time this weekend and thought I'd play with an idea... Still some empty space to fill and not sure what to put in there. I can't promise that this will be a sheet that's sent to print, but if you want it, it would be great to get some feedback.

-brian

I'd buy a sheet if it fits on a Revell tomcat (not crazy about the Tamiya one).

Cheers,

Terry

That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I'd buy 2 sheets for $25/sheet all day long if you made this with the other missing decals.

Chuck - what's missing? I got all the aircraft markings. I added landing gear door placards, patches, LAU-7 and BOL rail stencils, cockpit details. The only thing I haven't done is the helmet markings. I don't think I'll be adding GE engine decals since there's 3 aftermarket makers of those and probably more on the horizon.

As for the combo scale way - This is a pretty packed full size sheet. Not sure I'd want to print an 8x10 combo scale since the price would go up. My feeling, while I'd love to do scale combos, is that modelers would rather pay less and get exactly what they want and others would go looking for their scale from someone that wouldn't use that portion. I thought about putting 1/144 on this sheet but what 1/144 modeler is going to pay upwards of $20 for one jet? This jet is already available in 1/72.

-brian

-brian

Brain,

I'm with the other on this one, if you print it I will buy it...2 sheets that is!!

Mike

Strange thing is, I made a comeback to the hobby a couple of years ago and found myself drwan to 1/32. I was impressed by the level of detailing achieved and some of the subject matter.

This was mainly because I set out to have a limited collection of "quality" builds (quality being the variable). Some of my earlier stuff im looking to redo as (I think) iv'e improved my techniques and it shows (again I think).

Problem is as more and more subjects are offered in this scale, the more I find the collection growing. (1 /32 Jag and Buccaneer anyone?)

Chuck - what's missing? I got all the aircraft markings.

Sorry Brian- I misinterpreted your earlier post about extra space. I don't know of anything missing. I still would like to buy this in 1/32 if you make it. By the looks of other posts, so would a lot of other guys.

I guess that's why I like the larger scale, since I'm 53 and can't see anything under a foot without magnifier glasses on.

Decals that I've tried to find are for an F-14D VF-101 like this one. Now THESE would sell like hotcakes if somebody would make them....

f14-squadron-vf101-06.jpg

VF-10132.png:crying2:

I think part of the problem with the F-14 is that the F-14As have been pretty much retired and the only existing F-14 kits represent the A model. To make an F-14B or D requires a conversion, so in essence one would be making aftermarket decals for a aftermarket conversion. Probably a lesser market than there would be if there was a specific F-14B or D kit.

That would be extremely expensive to do...now if Trump or Tamiya Released -Bs and -Ds...then we'd be talkin :whistle:

Hi,

Count me in for a set or two,especially since Wolfpack has 1/32 B and D airframe conversions coming soon for the Tamiya F-14.Gorgeous decals Brian.

Rick

:blink:

Are you serious?! :o

EDIT: Holy Sh*T No kidding :blink: :whistle:

F-14D Tomcat Airframe Conversion set (for Tamiya 1/32)

F-14 Refueling Probe set (for Tamiya 1/32)

F-14A/B/D Bomcat Update set (for Tamiya 1/32)

F-14 Speed brake set (for Tamiya 1/32)

F-14B Tomcat Airframe Conversion set (for Tamiya 1/32)

F-14 Boarding Ladder set (for Tamiya 1/32)

Edited by AnthonyWan
:blink:

Are you serious?! :o

EDIT: Holy Sh*T No kidding :blink: :bandhead2:

F-14D Tomcat Airframe Conversion set (for Tamiya 1/32)

F-14 Refueling Probe set (for Tamiya 1/32)

F-14A/B/D Bomcat Update set (for Tamiya 1/32)

F-14 Speed brake set (for Tamiya 1/32)

F-14B Tomcat Airframe Conversion set (for Tamiya 1/32)

F-14 Boarding Ladder set (for Tamiya 1/32)

Holy Carp, I missed this news. Wolfpack is doing all of these set for 1/32 Tomcat.....

Dude, Brian, come on man now you have a reason to do all those VX sheet I've been asking for the Tomcat. Please, don't make me beg again... :deadhorse1:

Mike

Why isn't 1/32 more popular?

To ask opposite question:

Why should it be more popular?

I think it is mainly two things that doensnt make 1/32 as popular as 1/72 or 1/48:

- cost

- place need to have them.

All of the VX stuff? That would be at least 3 sheets! 1 jet per sheet, w/ 1 or maybe 2 options of the same main markings for those. Got a 1/32 plan in the works, we'll see how it goes.

-brian

Well, guess what you have 6 of these sheet sold before they even go to the printers and as for "got a 1/32 plan in the works" that's what I'm talking about.:thumbsup:

Mike

Thought I'd add the update here. Just released some new sheets and the 1/32 VF-24 201 jet is in there. Includes all the A specific airframe details, landing gear and landing gear door placards, ejection seat and some cockpit details, pilot helmets and patches, intake covers and 2 versions of this jet. Depending on how this sheet does will influence future sheets, so even if you don't want to build this exact jet consider supporting the 1/32 line... (How's that for subtle :thumbsup: )

-brian

Depending on how this sheet does will influence future sheets, so even if you don't want to build this exact jet consider supporting the 1/32 line... (How's that for subtle :cheers: )

-brian

You got it brian, I will sure to do my part.

Mike