wreck of SBD-1 Dauntless

wowowowowowowowowowow!!!!!!!! That's amazing! and the funny thing is, I'm only 2 years younger and I've probably been modeling for about the same amount of time, but your skills would make mine (I've even won a few awards) look like a 2- year old built them ! Amazing job! How did you do all the oxidization/wear of the paint?

you make me blush now

I ll try to briefly explain methods used for finishing the model.

1. I used airbrush to spray first coat of paint, mixed from light gray (revell) and aluminium (revell) at rate 3:2 (grey:aluminium),

areas that I wanted rusty were airbrushed with strongly diluted humbrol h 113

2. postshading: centers of panels were lightened using previous mixture of paint with addition of white color (approx. 2 drops per 2 ml)

3. effect of paint deterioration reached by dry chalks/pigments (I prefer Kooh-I-Noor dry chalks called Toisson D Or)

4. semi-gloss lacquer (tamiya X22 + X21)

5. chipping. (using 4 or 5 gray shades)

6. wash

7. color dinginess (not sure about accuracy of this word) reached using small dots of white oil color smudged vertically

8. matt lacquer

9. corrections using chalks again (I just love them)

10. final semi-gloss lacquer

I ll send complete and translated article to Steve as soon, as I will be able to.

best regards :cheers:

Peter Straka

A very warm welcome to ARC Peter.

Your model is inspirational.

I have long been fascinated by worn out and delapidated machinery. There is just something about all of the colours and textures that make for a very interesting subject.

You have captured the feel of this old warbird beautifully.

Great job.

:cheers:

:cheers:

WOW...OUTSANDING..AMAZING....AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....!!!

MAGNIFIQUE!!!! For such a young age, this is TRULY ABSOLUTELY THE BEST MODEL I have seen in a very long time....

Did I say WOW....WOW!!!!

And Hello and Welcome TO ARC.....

And Congratulations on passing your EXAMS.....

BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK....

HOLMES... :salute: :D :worship:

Peter as others have posted stunning work! You can tell you have studied many wrecked or abandoned ac pics......your kinda like the "Mig Jimenez" of airplane modelers :) . Fantastic!

May I suggest a display idea.....instead of the jungle or over grown field idea, a simple dark walnut display base with the ac mounted on a short piece of polished alluminum rod in the center of the base(maybe 3" or so above the base). A display placard could be put at one corner of the base.

Ryan