Panavia Tornado IDS/ECR 1/32

Hi Everybody,

I started this projects few months ago....and it sleeps until today because I was too busy on my F-4E Israeli.

But from today I can go on again also on this projects. I would like to build two tornados in Saudi colours and Italian colours, I choose a couple of subjects....

The Italian:

Airliners.net copyright violation---image removed

and Saudi:

Airliners.net copyright violation---image removed

On the Saudi model I would like to add flaps and slats from Paragon and Black Box Cockpit resin sets, on the Italian just schratch building parts to improove details.

Let's start from the cockpits.....

IDS1.jpg

IDS4.jpg

IDS5.jpg

And general asssembly of main parts that don't need extrawork to detail...

IDS6.jpg

IDS7.jpg

Some considerations: I see the Saudi appears very clean and new, do they wash or paint so often their airplanes?....or somewhere we can see older look of this airplane?

I still don't know wich paint I will use for Saudi; the reference codes are British :

t_gr1saudi.jpg

Do someone of you already found matches between the Gunze or Humbrol, Tamiya, Xtracolor to replicate the Saudi Camo?

Bye for now...

Do someone of you already found matches between the Gunze or Humbrol, Tamiya, Xtracolor to replicate the Saudi Camo?

Color Reference charts

here you can find the equivalent FS/Gunze/Humbrol/Tamiya/Xtracolor color. Check the "1945-" section.

the only matches I found are

361 Light stone = FS:23448 T:XF-60? X:X29

450 Dark Earth = FS:20118 Hu:29 T:XF-52 X:X2 GS:H72

By the way, was the picture of the italian Tornado taken after the World Cup? Those tricolore fuel tanks look wonderful with the four golden stars

Those are two very interesting subjects. :D The cockpit looks great.

That RSAF Tornado pic is striking. :doh: Looks really cool with three tanks.

EDIT: THIS was the RSAF pic posted earlier.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Starflyer,

Im also planning on doing the RSAF Tornado in 3-tone camo. I'll be watching your build closely. Incidentally, anybody knows if they have decals for the RSAF Tornado in 48th scale?

Edit: I think the Dark Green could be FS34079.

Eric

Edited by speedlimit

Im very interested in this build as the Saudi is a possibility from My collection.

The Saudi AC are visitors to British aerospace Warton where they are being upgraded to GR4 spec I think and just for reference here's is the 1.1

DSC_5661-010002-1.jpg

Not sure if the decals are available as a commercial set.

Tons of reference photos can be found here

http://fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30037

and here

http://fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30512

Copyright obviously applies.

Hope you find them useful and please let me know if you get yer mitts on some decals.

BTW rumour has it that any further deliveries of Tonkas from warton will be painted in all over Grey........BOOOOOOO!

Edited by Phartycr0c
<...>

BTW rumour has it that any further deliveries of Tonkas from warton will be painted in all over Grey........BOOOOOOO!

Ah, what are they thinking! :banana: That is one of the best-looking tactical paint schemes ever.

• 5 months later...

Hi my friends,

with this project I am going very slow, but I will be at the end safe and satisfied..... :)

During these days, I finished the 4 seats of these two Tornados. Seats are from Paragon and they are perfect, I just add the oxygen tube (using guitar string and sprue)

Tornado2016.jpg

Tornado2017.jpg

Tornado2020.jpg

Tornado2021.jpg

Tornado2022.jpg

Tornado2023.jpg

Tornado2024.jpg

Tornado2025.jpg

Tornado2026.jpg

Tornado2027.jpg

Tornado2028.jpg

Tornado2029.jpg

Tornado2030.jpg

Tornado2031.jpg

Actually I am concentrate to paint the cockpit, is not so easy becasue everything is grey in this cockpit, I would like to give good contrast.....but this is the situation at the moment:

Tornado2003.jpg

Tornado2004.jpg

Tornado2012.jpg

Tornado2013.jpg

Tornado2005.jpg