F/A-18D After market cockpits

Black Box did a couple Delta cockpits including the ATARS set, of course out of production now. You'd think good sellers like that would still be produced, but that would make to much sense. Might find one on EBAY.

Chuck

Edited by otis252

Thanks for the replies guys. I should have been more specific. My bad.

I've got a 1/48 Hasegawa F-18D plus a Black Box cockpit. I recently picked up a second two seat Hornet kit and now I'm looking for an aftermarket cockpit for it. I thought I saw one from Aires, but I can't find one listed anywhere. Maybe what I recall seeing was a cockpit for the two seat Super Hornet. Anyway does anybody know if there is another company besides Black Box that might have a two seat "Legacy" Hornet cockpit in production?

My second choice would be to use the kit cockpit tub, throw in a couple of resin seats, close the canopy and call it good.

Mark

Black Box has been the only aftermarket company to release a cockpit for the 1/48 F/A-18D. I've been trying to contact Aires for weeks to see if they would be interested in references, but have been unsuccessful.

Your only options are the BB pit (if you can find one), or hope Aires (or someone else) does one. Of course, you could just use the kit cockpit with resin seats as you mentioned.

Dave

Well I hope Aires gets around to accepting your offer and takes your refernces, until then I'll just have to keep watching eBay. I hope Aires get around to producing a "D" cockpit before I find one at a good price on eBay

BTW I'm holding out for your "Buefort Marines Over Bosnia" and "Death from the Darkness" decals for my two "D" model Hornets. I hope those sheets are released soon.

Mark

Edited by okthree

I'm going to pick up the new Hase D Hornet soon, and was wondering the same thing. It's too bad BB doesn't do them anymore, I guess I really have to go with a closed canopy for this one. Still, the seats should look good though.