"Mission From Debden" WIP

This is my current project, which I'm feverishly trying to complete by mid-March. It's a commission project for a long-time collector of mine:

Final pencil study. The image was tweaked post-completion to add the four airborne aircraft, which I decided to add after the original drawing had been sold off:

MISSION_FROM_DEBDEN_four_airborne.jpg

The 19 x 42 inch canvas ready for paint. If you look closely, you can see the outline images of everything. A Burnt Sienna wash aids in value judgements - more so than the stark white:

Final_canvas_4.jpg

Sky complete:

Mission_From_DB_sky_done.jpg

Background pretty much complete:

Mission_From_DB_background_done.jpg

Fuselage getting there:

IMG_6994_bb.jpg

Prop and more fuselage done:

IMG_6994_a.jpg

Wade

Edited by Chicoartist

Thanks, fellas ... I'll be submitting this piece for consideration for the upcoming ASAA juried exhibition in Seattle, along with three other works of mine. Hope at least ONE of them gets in since I'll be attending the June Forum. For more info on that, see: http://www.asaa-avart.org.

Oops ... my time to work expires in 40 minutes ... best get back to it!

Wade

Hi guys,

I finally finished the main aircraft ... lots of details, but now that it's done the rest of the elements, while detailed also, should go much faster now that my brushes are warmed up. Can I quit now ... ? :cry: :huh: :lol: :monkeydance: :huh:

A little recap for you of the painting of this plane:

IMG_6994_bb.jpg

IMG_6994_a.jpg

IMG_6995_021908.jpg

IMG_6996_FD_P51_done.jpg

Wade

• 3 weeks later...

As the saying goes, "Do not let slow progress dampen your enthusiasm!" Recent hours spent assembling and completing documents and forms for our annual report to the Imperial Federal Gov't meant slow progress of late. As a reminder, the canvas is 19 x 42":

GT_556.jpg

Wade