Fujimi 1/72 Aggressor Scooter

Hi everyone!

I finally got something new to add to my collection! It really was about time! :whistle:

This is Fujimi's A-4 in 1/72 scale. Basically 100% OOB except for the decals. Airbrushed free-hand with Humbrols enamels. Sadly I got some silvering on some of the decals, which I cannot understand why and which irritates me quite some.... :doh: I spent two days brushing Future, layer by layer to get a glossy and shiny finish and then - even using MicroSet and MicroSol - the decals shows some silvering?!?! What am I supposed to do to avoid it? I don't know anymore!

Anyway: here are some pictures. I know it is not perfect and surely not 100% correct, but I needed something quick (which it wasn't!) to feel I still was able to get something done.

Feel free to comment!

Picture009.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

/Kristian

Nice scooter KRI76. I really do not see the silvering at all of the decals. But it does happen and it is frustrating, but your model is very nice. Do you put the solution beneath and on top of the decals? :salute:

Great stuff Kristian,

That's a very convincing paint job, all the more impressive given you were using Humbrol enamels, with which I've occasionally struggled to spray well. From this distance, there's no hint of silvering! Can I look forward to more of your Skyhawks ......?

Andrew.

Thanks guys!

I used Humbrol enamels on this one. I cannot remember the exakt numbers right now....I know the lightest gray was #147, the mid gray was probably #127, but I really cannot remember the number of the bluish shade. I'll check that out and get back to you.

I will try to post some close up pictures to show you where the silvering appeared. Very frustrating story! I painted several layers of Future. Then I used MicroSet beneath every decal plus MicroSol on top of each one to help them laying down properly. Then a layer of Future on top of all to protect from the weathering. And till this point I could not see any silvering. Then, when I sprayed the dull coat - BAM! - there was the silvering. I am puzzled: I don't know where it went wrong. I would like to build a Jolly Roger Phantom very soon, but I am afraid of silvering ruining the model (large scull decals on the fins, where the silvering would be disastrous....)

/Kristian

• 2 weeks later...