1/32 MB Q7a ejection seat review

I received today my copy of the 1/32 MB Q7a ejection seat from Harold at AMS Resin.

I should point out that this Starfighter will be my very first kit in 1/32, so I have a very limited experience in the field. That said I should continue saying: W O W !!!!!!

This bang seat is simply astonishing! I have never seen a better piece of resin! :whistle:

Judge yourself!

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

I cannot wait to start putting some paint on this one....

/Kristian

Wow!.....that really does look good. Harold out did himself on this one.

Jerry

Thanks,

It is getting easier to do each one, as I find out what works and what doesn't.

I try to make it as "alive" as I can, and still look accurate.

Just wait for the next one I am working on. (I am cheating a bit on this one, you'll see what I mean when it is ready).

Cheers,

Harold

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks,

It is getting easier to do each one, as I find out what works and what doesn't.

I try to make it as "alive" as I can, and still look accurate.

Just wait for the next one I am working on. (I am cheating a bit on this one, you'll see what I mean when it is ready).

Cheers,

Harold

Well, I've bought this seat, and it is absolutely stunning! I'm just waiting for the Astra decal sheets for the German F-104s, then it will be all systems go! Many thanks for a quality product, Harold. :banana::nanner:

Well, I've bought this seat, and it is absolutely stunning! I'm just waiting for the Astra decal sheets for the German F-104s, then it will be all systems go! Many thanks for a quality product, Harold. :banana::nanner:

Thank you all...

I am working on the later version of the German seat as well. It has a different headrest/droge area.

Cheers,

Harold

Another winner Harold. The seatbelts are most impressive.....Cliff

Thanks again.

I am trying to make them more 3-D. I am also taking into consideration, painting them. I have had a tough time painting other resin seats. Mainly the belts and buckles are flat to the resin.

On to the next challenge......

• 4 months later...

OK! After stripping out the grey paint on the AMS 1/32 Q7 seat, I found the underside look like this:

AMS_1-32_Q7a_01.jpg

AMS_1-32_Q7a_02.jpg

AMS_1-32_Q7a_03.jpg

AMS_1-32_Q7a_04.jpg

Just kidding... :thumbsup:

I'm a 1/48 guy but just can't resist getting my hands on the this resin seat when I saw the superb details.

Lots of ARCers will agree with me that one of the most delightful things around here is to have a modeler like Harold to release detail sets for some aged goodies. :thumbsup:

BTW, anybody has closer pics around both sides of the drogue area clearly showing the texts on the place cards?

I'm trying to make decals for that on my own...

Stephen Lin

Nice work, Harold! :soapbox: That's astonishing detail!

<...> These are the photos I used to make the seats..... <...>

How do you determine the dimensions? Are there drawings or do you just "eyeball" it?

Nice work, Harold! :beer4: That's astonishing detail!

How do you determine the dimensions? Are there drawings or do you just "eyeball" it?

It is interesting.

When I want to do something, I put out a request on this site (and others).

I have been sent dimensions, drawings and photos of the seats.

They have actually gone to museums and measured and photographed them for me.

I have to take into consideration that the kit may not be true to scale, (due to the thickness of the plastic, or they pooched it). I may have to adjust it slightly.