How do you stay logged in?

I think this is going to be the small price of the upgrade...a pain, yes, ....

Almost as annoying as the new search limitations!! On second thought, the search engine shortcoming is in a class of its own.

Using Win XP SP2 and Mozilla , I have to log in every time I restart Mozilla and go to ARC to reply/initiate a post.

Gene K

I'm starting to wonder if this might not have something to do with Mozilla. I downloaded the latest update the other day, and it's been buggy ever since. I lost my bookmarks twice, and the folder that I had set for downloaded files has twice defaulted back to My Documents. Oddly enough, the only place where I haven't had any problem is here.

I'm starting to wonder if this might not have something to do with Mozilla. I downloaded the latest update the other day, and it's been buggy ever since. I lost my bookmarks twice, and the folder that I had set for downloaded files has twice defaulted back to My Documents. Oddly enough, the only place where I haven't had any problem is here.

My other desktop compputer (desktop #2) does this with my other ARC Forums account using IE6. Also my laptop does this with my SBARC account that works fine with my #1 desktop. I beleive my laptop and desktop #2 use the same internet connection whcih is diffewrent from the Internet connection of Desktop #1. Finally I've got a situation where I can begin looking into this better. I've have not tested to see if this problem is tied to the:

1. ISP
  2. Member account
  3. Certain computer

I have enough varibles that I can begin running simulations. Of course that won't fix the problem.....just narrow it down. I suspect this is a bug in the Forum program that will require a fix from Invision (the makers of the forum program).

I usually sign on when I switch MY computer on then I log into MY E mails and then I cheat.....I have saved the ARC forum on MY favorites and I clcik on to that and sign on that way.....Each time I want to go back to MY e mails I use the arrow that takes me bak to previous pages and thus I stay logged onto ARC... When I finally want to log out I click on log out....even if I go into sercah engine whilst I am logged on ARC I simply use back back arrow to go backwards and forward arrow TO come back...sound complicated; but I can stay on as long as I want and dont have to fiddle about.

HOLMES. :thumbsup:

I need to add myself to the list of people having problems... :crying2:

Just for the record I am using Mozilla Firefox version 2.0.0.13 on a WinXP 32bit SP2 machine.

Problem 1

I must log in every time I access the ARC forums. This started just a few days ago, but I can not recall if it's related to installing Mozilla Firefox' latest version...

Problem 2

The answers in each thread are not presented as they used to be in a sequence but they are all collapsed in a tree-like manner, showing only the user who posted the message and its title (see screen shot below).

ARC.jpg

Now to the strange part. I have tried to access ARC forums at work from my work PC (Dell M60 laptop) and I still have to log in every time, but the threads are shown in the normal and proper way (I use the same browser on the laptop as well).

I tried using IE6 on both machines and in both cases the threads are shown correctly but I still need to log in each time.

I hope someone will sort things out here...

/Kristian

Edited by KRI76
The answers in each thread are not presented as they used to be in a sequence but they are all collapsed in a tree-like manner, showing only the user who posted the message and its title (see screen shot below).

Easy fix for this one. Use the Options button in the top right hand corner of the frame to change from "outline" to "standard" view.

HTH

Richard

Edited by Richard E

THANK YOU RICHARD!!!!

About problem Nr.1:

I tried loggin in to arcforums using another PC (WinXP 64 bits SP2), and the login problem does not occur.

/Kristian

Easy fix for this one. Use the Options button in the top right hand corner of the frame to change from "outline" to "standard" view.

HTH

Richard