How do you stay logged in?

OK....the internal server error is a different problem. :banana:

Did you find the ctrl F5 trick fixed your problem of not being able to stay logged in?

Steve,

Unfortunately it didn't work. :)

My computer is running WinXP Pro SP2 with IE 7.0.5730.11.

Regards,

I had no problems staying logged in at work.

My problem is with my I am a spammer....please report this post. and built-in Safari. I used the "delete cookie" method and it seems to have worked.

Thanks for the tip, Steve.

Cheers,

VF-x

uhhh... why is there this "I am a spammer... please report this post." thing happening?

Not sure what word you typed there, but certain words that often show up in spam subject lines are set to automatically convert to that phrase. Part joke (I think), part making it easier to spot and delete spam.

I'm still having the same problems, both at home and at work. Okay, granted, at work they have some limited features on the computers so you can't dump temporary files (probably due to being a teacher; they need to know where we've "been"!) or defrag or anything, but even at home where I HAVE tried both tricks, I'm having no luck at all.

I was having the problem of not being able to log in myself at all a few days ago. Finally I resorted to a "delete all" of the browser history which included everything from cookies to form data. Prior to this, I never touched the form data. Now I seem to be staying logged in, although I am dropping out maybe once a day since then.

My system is Win XP with IE (not sure which versions of either), and I do most of my browsing with IE through my AOL gateway.

If this gets any worse, I suppose I will just have to clear everything once again (or try the Ctrl F5 trick). So far I can live with it though.

Edit: Okay, I did get dumped again after typing this message. I will keep monitoring.

Edited by Jay Chladek

OK so I just started having the problem of not being able to log in!

I cleared my temp. internet files, dumped my cookies and cleared my history and all is now good.

This even fixed my previous 'problem' of appearing to be logged on when I actually wasn't...

:cheers:

Edit: Now if I could just learn to spell...Where's that spell check button? :)

Edited by Zactoman

I'm having the same problem with XP2-SP2 and IE7, all fully updated. I cleared all my cookies and history last week to kill off a trojan horse and have had the trouble ever since.....

Fortunately I can login easily cos of Norton Identity Safe.... Getting to the point where I have so many passwords for so many sites they get tough to recall without writing them all down.

Nick

I'm having the same problem with XP2-SP2 and IE7, all fully updated. I cleared all my cookies and history last week to kill off a trojan horse and have had the trouble ever since.....

Fortunately I can login easily cos of Norton Identity Safe.... Getting to the point where I have so many passwords for so many sites they get tough to recall without writing them all down.

Nick

You're not kidding there. Aside from ones I commonly use like ARC and my bank, about half the time I need to have the password sent to me.

Is this trouble still persisting with anyone else? I just can't seem to shake it....

Yes. Both home and work, and I wasn't even one of the ones having trouble after the initial forum move.

Same problem here, for weeks it went ok, I could stay logged in. But today I threw away my cookies and from then I couldn't stay logged in. Ctrl F5 and again deleting the cookies wouldn't help.

EDIT: Don't know how but it has resolved itself

EDIT 2: So I thought. Problem returned.

IMPORTANT Edit:

So i had to log in again, after doing this a couple of times today:

ARC1.jpg

So I went to the log in screen, but check the upper left corner. I have to log in according to the main page, but according to the log in screens I'm already logged in.

ARC2.jpg

So does this means I'm always logged in, think so?

EDIT 4: Seem that the direct link I have bookmarked and use to go to the forums is the problem. When I go to ARC and then to the forums, I'm logged in, en I'm not logged in when I go directly to the forums. Think the problem will be solved with refreshing the bookmark.

Edited by Mad Viper

I'm about to give up with using Mozilla here. Every time I close the browser and reopen it again I have to log on again. Dunno what's going on but I didn't have to deal with this before the server move. Yes, I've dumped the cache, several times.

Strangely, I don't have this problem with IE7, but I'd rather not use Internet Exploder if I can help it.

I'm about to give up with using Mozilla here. Every time I close the browser and reopen it again I have to log on again. Dunno what's going on but I didn't have to deal with this before the server move. Yes, I've dumped the cache, several times.

Strangely, I don't have this problem with IE7, but I'd rather not use Internet Exploder if I can help it.

I am not sure it is Mozilla doing it. Seems people having the trouble are using a few different browsers.

I've tried everything and I'm still having problems. I've be logged on and reading my messages, then try to respond. When I hit 'reply', it takes me to the log in page. I'll log in and it will take me to the message I'm replying to. Type in my response, hit 'send' and it takes me to the log in page, so I log in again. Some times it sends the message, some times I have to start all over again!

I've also been logged in and reading the jet forum, but when I switch to a different forum, I'll get logged out.

I haven't completely lost it yet though!

Dave

Same here...

20-03-2008

Site seems to forget my password everyday. For the past number of weeks, I have to log in. I use the password I set up and am told that the id or password is not correct. So I go and get new password....it sends it out, I can log in.

If I change to a new page on the forum, I get logged out and have to log in again.

The next day, it's forgotten my password and log in id and I have to go thru it all again.

Have done the usual clear the temp internet thingie and so on. Doesn't work. Still got no home page updates. Is Steve still around????

Liam

• 2 weeks later...
If I log in to my account from my laptop....then my desktop needs to be logged in again. I remain mystified.

Similar here Steve

Got me beat, this one has.

Mike