F4U-1, F4U-1A & F4U-1D Tamiya 1/72

Hello everybody..

My project was to build one model of each main variant of the Corsair (bar the -4) during the Pacific War in 1/72nd scale. I of course choose the tamiya little gems. My main purpose actually was to duplicate the evolution of US NAVY camoflage (pity I could not build an Atlantic version.. )

Part 1 and 2 were posted here some months ago. Part 3 completes my project as I just finished the F4U-1D a few days ago

Here we go with part 1 and 2 (original is here (link) http://www.arcairawa1.com/forums/air/index...=127789&hl=

somallimg1128id4.jpg

somallimg0258fw3.jpg

and the latest addition

smallf4u1dend3556ee6.jpg

smallf4u1dend3551ex9.jpg

smallf4u1dend3547rk6.jpg

smallf4u1dend3541jq2.jpg

smallf4u1dfinishimg3419xx5.jpg

and a photo of the Corsaire line up

smallf4ucorsairendimg34pi2.jpg

Cheers

Eric B.

Edited by Eric B.

Thank you all..

Bennett : N-44 is an aircraft of VMF-441. They flew over Okinawa in 1945. I found a Profile of this aircraft in Eagles Illstrated : Allies in the Pacific by Tom Tullis page 37.

I had planned a yellow nosed aircraft of VF-84 using Techmod sheet 72037 which comes very complete with technical markings and individual markings for a/c #110, 167 and 155. Just by chance I found several several kits being build with these markings on my favourite internet sites. I wanted something less common.

VMF-441 blue nosed Corsair was to be the one. I never found no aftermarket decal sheet for these aircraft, but it turned out easy. All markings are from the Techmod sheet bar the "N-44" code that I took from a generic white letters and numbers sheet.

At a time I thought about painting them on the aircraft with properly cut masks from Tamiya tape..

Cheers..

Eric B.

Edited by Eric B.