Pierre's Swordfish - The Stringbag Diorama

No easy fix, but tear up the diorama!

So I removed the plane from its floats (actually it broke away, along with the torpedo). Not much dammage here that some CA could not fix... The braces were a problem: on one side they stayed with the floats, on the other side with the plane. I had to find an appropriate temporary display stand.

080529Swordfish_01export%20copie.jpg

Floats: I had to cut the rudder command cables. Now how to remove them from the resin?

080529Swordfish_02export%20copie.jpg

Ohhhh goodness that is a hell of a diorama mate!!!!!!!!

really outstanding for not mentioning the marvellous swordfish!!!awesome!

shame for the damages but from the pics I must say that the resin "problem" seems to be a more realistic effect..I mean,like normal water that smashes on struts of the quay!!!

pretty natural or not???

I saw some effects not natural but in general that is quite acceptable!

Cheers

B)

Heavy tools for modellers: saw, screw-driver, hammer, curses, explosives... :)

080530Swordfish_02export%20copie.jpg

Slowly the float detaches...

080530Swordfish_03export%20copie.jpg

YESSSSS !!

080530Swordfish_01export%20copie.jpg

A lot of damage, and it was hard to remove the sticky resin :D Cutting it up liquified most of the resin, and I had plenty of blotches smearing the float, my hands, the tools, the workbench, the floor ;) :( :(

080530Swordfish_04export%20copie.jpg

Edited by Scalephantomphixer

Ehmmmmm....ooookay!!!

figure out my words were not plenty accepted LOL LOL LOL

dude....daaamn that makes me feel a bad pain to watch all of that damage!but i understand you...when you dont like smth you dont like it and that's it!!!!you just only have to do it again till is not satisfying!!!!!!

Cheers and good luck!

:D

Heavy maintenance work in my new modelling room :D The pieces of s**t you can see on the right side is the left-over of the unfortunate diorama.

080531Swordfish_01export%20copie.jpg

The second float came out far easier than the first ;) Hardly any damage...

Goo Gone is quite efficient at removing messy residues. I was happy to have some left for the job.

080531Swordfish_02export%20copie.jpg

Edited by Scalephantomphixer
Ehmmmmm....ooookay!!!

figure out my words were not plenty accepted LOL LOL LOL

Ciao Jack, the damage was far worse that what my pictures can show... the residues of uncured resin ran everywhere, and the entire water surface became sticks, attracting and gluing every bit of dust, fly, particles, etc At some places, the resin even cracked ;) The only valuable option - apart from rebuilding - would have been to make a winter diorama, with plenty of snow. I decided against it.

The new diorama will be far better than the old one, I have a couple of ideas... :D

Thanks Jack, I live near Geneva, working at the ATC center.

Ohh good Pierre;good!I love geneve,really awesome place...got some friends there for study!!!

by ATC center you mean air traffic control???

wooow,awesome!

P.S: i really love your workbench...reaally the place to be LOL!very neat,clean and perfect for working!!!

Cheers

:crying2:

Man, Pierre, I thought I was going to cry watching the progress of beating the hell out of that diorama to get the floats out. Fortunately, the repairs came out great! Perhaps this time, you could find a barrier between the struts and the poured resin. Could a thin coat of something like Vaseline help keep the "water" from sticking to the floats?