Pierre's Swordfish - The Stringbag Diorama

Trout recepices.

Hmm! I guess that Swordfish ain't visiting norway, because norwegian trout is bigger..! :P

People, observe how far Pierre goes when there's a chocolatebar at stake... Just imagine if I had bet 2 bars..! :thumbsup:

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:lol:

Wow, dude! Look awesome but the jorney was like "Hell and Back" Gald to see that you could fix it again. A lot of work I can see. Well, I can't wait to see this beauty in it's full Glory! :cheers:

Mike

Hey Pierre,

watched this thread fully and I really liked the water with rocky bottom! My heart stopped when I suddenly saw the post with the damage picture :blink: but you're on the good way to fix it!

You inspired me to make a diorama like this with a C172 or Piper Cub floatplane. Is there any way to make clear water like yours, apart from resin? Do you think wood adhesive will work, with a few layers of high gloss varnish on the surface?

PS, I like your Victorinox knife :worship: I also got one (with a bit less functions B) ) with my name engraved, bought in Kandersteg. :)

... any way to make clear water like yours, apart from resin? Do you think wood adhesive will work, with a few layers of high gloss varnish on the surface?

PS, I like your Victorinox knife :yahoo: I also got one (with a bit less functions ;) ) with my name engraved, bought in Kandersteg. :)

Yes, these little knives are real jewels. I carry it with me all the time...

I know little about other ways: one guy made it with silicone over styropor (previously painted dark blue), one other used glycerine from the drugstore, etc. Try a Google search with the keywords "how to make realistic water", and it should bring up some links.

I do not think wood adhesive is a solution: it it not fully transparent, cannot dry in thick layers, and will probably retract too much.

Good luck with your floatplanes dio :)