Hasegawa 1/48 F-4G

Hi all,

Well, I'm finally finished... between the huge delay in getting Gunze paints, then not having all the necessary stencils and finally dropping my aribrush tip only to find that I can't seem to be able to find a replacement... here she is... finally finished.

I just want to thank everyone who contributed to the project here at ARC... THANKS GUYS, would not have been possible without your help!

Let me know what you think.

Best,

-Greg

IMG_0561Medium.jpg

IMG_0559Medium.jpg

IMG_0556Medium.jpg

IMG_0553Medium.jpg

IMG_0551Medium.jpg

IMG_0550Medium.jpg

IMG_0549Medium.jpg

IMG_0547Medium.jpg

Excellent work my friend! The scratch additions to the cockpit/pilots, the painted walkways, the detailed ordnance, and the overall finish make this one superior to many F-4G's I've seen.

Thanks for sharing. It was definitely worth the wait.

BTW, what did you use for the mirrors?

Thanks for your comments... I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

Starbuck: I made the mirrors from paper thin plastic cut to size... here's a pic of the 'mirror' side that you don't see in the photos above... Each mirror is a 2 piece affair...

IMG_2059WinCE.jpg

Kristian: The bare metal effect was achieved by first airbrushing on the base metal color (I believe I used Tamiya Aluminum) and added some gold and brown to some areas... then I used black and strategically placed tamiya masking tape to airbrush on the black faded bits. After that black wash filled in the crevices and the finish looks quite good. Not as realistic as I'd like it to be but very eyecatching nontheless... it's still a learning process for me... it's only my second model in about 20 years...

Best,

-Greg

Thanks again guys....

rjwood_uk: Actually i used my wife's Canon Rebel xTi this time around... she won that sucker earlier this year... usually I take them with my Canon SD800 ... frankly the quality of the photos are the same ... to my eye anyway... here's a pic of my F-15E using the Canon SD800...

08.jpg

... more can be found here: http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/lgl...Revell%20F-15E/

I don't find a difference for the additional $500 of so the Rebel costs... and I can take it anywhere in my pocket ;-) But then I'm not an avid photographer and I ONLY USE the AUTO feature ;-) Only thing I do is turn off the flash, make sure i have enough light, and turn on the Macro option...

-Greg

Hey Dan,

Actually I did some scratchbuilding on the burner cans... they were just a bit plain for my taste but I didn't wanna shell out the coin for resin (I also don't like working with resin if I can avoid it)... as you can see the result looks really good both on the outside and inside... pics of the progress on these can be found here about 3/4 down the page:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....t=0&start=0

As for the exhaust shield... hehe... seems that's getting alot of attention ... it's just creative airbrushing really... shading with black over the base color (and changing up the base color in some instances for variety) and masking each scale off at a time. If you plan it right you can do it all in one sitting without waiting for anything to dry...

-Greg

Hey Dan,

Actually I did some scratchbuilding on the burner cans... they were just a bit plain for my taste but I didn't wanna shell out the coin for resin (I also don't like working with resin if I can avoid it)... as you can see the result looks really good both on the outside and inside... pics of the progress on these can be found here about 3/4 down the page:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....t=0&start=0

As for the exhaust shield... hehe... seems that's getting alot of attention ... it's just creative airbrushing really... shading with black over the base color (and changing up the base color in some instances for variety) and masking each scale off at a time. If you plan it right you can do it all in one sitting without waiting for anything to dry...

-Greg

i don't know why i didn't recognize this thread! i've seen those pic's before! absolutely fantastic work! i am getting to the point where i like to try to scratch build as much as possible as well. i must admit i'm no very good at it but practice, practice, practice!

Semper Fi

Dan