Hello,

here is my second build of Me-109. It is a Tamiya´s 1/72 Me-109 E7. I think one of the best 1/72 Me-109 kit.

I started it a week ago, because I had a rest day. By the end of the day I have the kit prepared for spraying a camouflage. Now is the process of paint in full swing. But I don ´t post photos yet. In the meantime you can guess what camouflage I make. My help is, a camouflage is not nazzi. But here still are a lot camouflages of Me-109E7 in foreign service :worship: ...

me_109E7_1.jpg

Well nobody have courage to guess what camouflage I do. So here is some pictures. I think here is no doubt about my choice, isn´t it :thumbsup:?

The kit is finished presently. But I will post some photos in the future. I firstly have to prepare the photographic corner on my desk and it takes some time.

The instrument panel. Little inaccurate there. But it is not visible in cockpit.

me_109E7_2.jpg

me_109E7_3.jpg

me_109E7_4.jpg

After unmasking canopy it occured the same problem as on my Bf-109 G6. The smudge on the canopy glass. Fortunately I did not remove the canopy, because I did little chirurgical operation as is seen in the last picture. I cleaned the smudge by sprue through the landing gear hole. The mystery is what is reason for that. I believe that is due to airbrushing. The air goes through the holes to cockpit and the vapour of remaining glue or humidity?? causes the problem.

me_109E7_5.jpg

me_109E7_6.jpg

me_109E7_7.jpg

Well, I thought it is clear what marking I do, because only one of the Me-109´s had an yellow leading edge. ;) :bobby: AND IT IS tada da :woo: Japanese Me-109 E :woo: . There was a five of those "ugly" planes, which japanese obtained in 1941 for testing.

I have it finished and photographed. BUT as you can see, the decals from A-model kit are not accurate :deadhorse1: . The wing insignia are too small. I revealed it during applying the decals. Unfortunately I have already put the fuselage hinomaru and was afraid to replace the wing hinomaru with new ones because of its different red shade. But today I found the circle masks in my stash. I masked the finished kit and oversprayed all hinomarus with the new red color and right size on the wings. I also oversprayed the red strip. Because of this changes I post two older photos only. I will take photo of final state later.

Best regards,

David

2008_0228_nardi_bf_109_E_japonec_15.jpg

2008_0228_nardi_bf_109_E_japonec_17.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello all,

first of all thanks for your kind words. After a long time I have little worry that I forget writte and read english. :woot.gif: However in this GB I can see a lot of nice builds and finished models (especially the Greg´s bare metal Bf-109G). I am fine, but presently too busy . Not enough time for modeling but still hope, that I will be able to finish one more Bf-109. I have ordered two Tamyia 109E kits (and some aftermarkets for another builds) a two months ago, but it is not delivered yet... So I have to wait anyway...

Best regards,

David