Supermarine Attacker FB2

Hi all,

I am something of a late starter, so we will see how I fare. I will be building a Magna Models 1/72 Supermarine Attacker, which being a resin kit will be a first for me. I am also something of a novice with an airbrush (which I will be using) so the whole thing could be a disaster! However, I do have the Airwaves etched brass set and bellytank/tailwheel set, and an Aeroclub ejection seat and canopy which I was using on the Frog kit (my son melted it - don't ask...). I plan to use the modeldecal sheet with several aircraft on it, providing I can locate it in my loft. I will keep you all posted, and with the deadline looming on the near horizon the posts will be rather frequent!

Dave

If I can figure out how to get a pic on here, I will post it.

Welcome aboard modeler! I'm looking forward to seeing your Attacker. If you need help getting the hang of posting pictures give us a shout. There are plenty of us here that can get you going in the right direction.

Cheers,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, a bit of an update to my progress. I am trying to built this kit in between frantic studying, so it is slower than I hoped. Still, the fuselage is complete with bellytank, and all tail surfaces. I kept the cockpit spartan, just using the instrument panel and ejector seat, basically as it will be virually impossible to see the detail and to speed things up. I had to use a fair amount of filler, and will have to do a reasonable amount of rescribing, but it is starting to look like an Attacker. I apologise for the poor quality of the picture, my digital camera has decided to shuffle off it's mortal coil, so I had to use me mobile phone.

DSC00038.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, things are still progressing, and have gotten to the undercoat stage so far. The kit has been more difficult to complete than I thought it would be. I have had to use a lot of filler on the seams/wing roots etc. and had problems with the white metal parts. Still, the challenge has been pretty good fun, and is certainly improving my skills somewhat. Not sure if I will be able to complete this beastie on time, but will endeavour to do so.

DSC00040.jpg