1/48 SCALE GROUND EQUIP.

Umm, yes to the Weps, not interested though (just me) for the diorama equipment.

1/48 modern weps would be great and could be several sets of US and non-US ordnance. Imagine a set with Brimstone, ASRAAM and Alarm missiles, 755 and Beluga clusters, other NATO commom pig iron, AND the launchers/racks as approriate. It would absolutely make non-us jets more interesting for me as I enjoy building with ordnance onboard. As for US, newer things like the small diameter bombs, AIM-9X, nice injection AIM-120s, JSOW, GPS weps, WCMD clusters... I'd also like to see the old standard of the Hasegawa set A redone by someone with better fit and detail on some of the racks/ejectors. You could include in the hunt both Israeli and USSR sets with things like Pythons, Alamos, Archers, etc not to mention A-G weps.

Hope this gets some action, I think they'd do real well IF they are well done.

Brian

Edited by metroman
Umm, yes to the Weps, not interested though (just me) for the diorama equipment.

1/48 modern weps would be great and could be several sets of US and non-US ordnance. Imagine a set with Brimstone, ASRAAM and Alarm missiles, 755 and Beluga clusters, other NATO commom pig iron, AND the launchers/racks as approriate. It would absolutely make non-us jets more interesting for me as I enjoy building with ordnance onboard. As for US, newer things like the small diameter bombs, AIM-9X, nice injection AIM-120s, JSOW, GPS weps, WCMD clusters... I'd also like to see the old standard of the Hasegawa set A redone by someone with better fit and detail on some of the racks/ejectors. You could include in the hunt both Israeli and USSR sets with things like Pythons, Alamos, Archers, etc not to mention A-G weps.

Hope this gets some action, I think they'd do real well IF they are well done.

Brian

Yes to what he said. Some good weapons would be great. Not just USAF stuff but UK, European and Soviet too.

Cheers,

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)

I'd look forward to RAF weapons, and not just the most up to date ones (Brimstones and such) I have been on the lookout for an Airfix Tornado GR-1 just to get the RAF LGBs, ALARMS, and JP-233s for the Italeri kit and Hasegawa Harriers. Israeli stuff would be nice, especially if it has the launch rails for the stuff which is non-standard such as Pythons and the rails needed for hanging them on an Eagle. Soviet Stuff would also be nice - again not nessisarily the latest and greatest as some of us look forward to building Fitters and Floggers who'd be toting weapons from the 80's.

Or Raymond, just hint to someone that a new Tornado series, Floggers and Fitters in 48th would be greatly appreciated and just make sure to add lots of weapons in the boxes!

As to the ground support stuff I personally am not as big of a fan as I have enough trouble displaying my builds without making dioramas with them, but I am sure others will disagree!

matt

I vote YES to both! We really need some new tooled modern weapons. We also DESPERATELY need ground equipment for both USAF and USN. A BIG item is a 1/48 US navy tow tractor and weapons carts. We could also use a USAF weapons loader cart.

Here's to wishing for some new diorama sets.. :rolleyes:

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Yes to both, especially in injection-molded form. I'd love to have some bomb loaders and equipment, like f-16 was talking about. Better molded ground crew figures than what we have now would be a plus as well, and same goes for things like fuel hoses, deck/tarmac sections, etc. I love to make dioramas around the aircraft, but spending $30-40 for one tractor or 2 figures seems a little nutty.

On the topic of weapons, I'd agree with a lot of the others that UK/European/Russian weapons have been a void for many years. We need those, but it would also be nice to see the newer USAF/USN weapons in service in mass produced, injection-molded form :rolleyes: If GBU-38s could be molded and put on sprues in the same number that the equal-sized Mk.82, I'd be a happy boy!

jb

Yes to both from me as well, heavy on the ground equipment. Please don't forget the lowly flightline fire extinguisher :pray: . If you make those, I promise to put one by every airplane sitting on my shelves.

Also, if you're feeling ambitious, I've always wanted one or two of those ubiquitous blue step-vans that have infested Air Force bases for seemingly forever. Probably not much chance, but I figured I'd mention it.

:)

Dear ARCers,

I would to like to conduct a comments poll on the demand for 1/48 weapons set and USAF ground supporting equipment. Anyone think it would be better to have accessories for your USAF/NATO aircraft sitting by your display ?

Some new GSE would be fantastic! The Hasegawa stuff is nice, but some of it is getting dated. Some suggestions:

The ubiquitous Hobart -86 diesel GPU - These things are on every USAF base worldwide

A modern aircon cart, like an MA-3D

An FLTT -Flight Line Tow Tractor - the bob-tailed tow tractor based on a Dodge or Ford pickup

While it's not a new piece, an MD-3 GPU would be cool (would go great with those '50's and '60's jets)

And a modern ARFF crash truck, like a P-23, would be really cool, too!

Dear ARCers,

I would to like to conduct a comments poll on the demand for 1/48 weapons set and USAF ground supporting equipment. Anyone think it would be better to have accessories for your USAF/NATO aircraft sitting by your display ?

I'm curious Raymond..

What do you plan on doing with this poll? Are you going to distribute the results to a resin maker?

Let's pray that whoever gets the results of this poll, takes our advice seriously and produces some new weapons and equipment. It would seem that the market is ready.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I'm curious Raymond..

What do you plan on doing with this poll? Are you going to distribute the results to a resin maker?

Let's pray that whoever gets the results of this poll, takes our advice seriously and produces some new weapons and equipment. It would seem that the market is ready.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Dear Scott,

No, not resin maker. To plastic mould injection project planning.

We are distributing PWMP for 1/32 navy tractor, but no option for 1/48 which is the major scale for A/C nowadays. Hasegawa and Fujmi make a great for 1/72 back to 1990 and I think those big boys now forget the 1/48 market.

Until recently, the Tamgawa release some limted box for 1/48 P-51, Splitfire with ICM figures and car, Hasegawa release a 1/48 BMW with FW-190. The sales is petty good. So, I just think the demand for 1/48 Modern Jet would be welcome as well. Also, the Hasegawa sets does not include the updated equipment. Thus, I am collecting some market research to see the "demand" for ground equipment to put assoicated with the aircraft. Like fire extinguisher, maintenance ladder, TOW bar would be necessary for USAF aircraft.

Dear ARCers,

A definite yes. I have both hasegawa's set and the itleri set. there are few pieces in each that are actually useable. I have hte Flightpath A-10 ammo loader but I have not yet worked up the guts to do it.

joe.