meteor productions

hi

i have an outstanding order for £100 's worth of B52 stuff ,and i am a little concerned as to if meteor are going to hounor the order no they have closed down . i did get a generic email about a week ago stating that the order had been shipped but there was no details of how it was shipped (air or surface ) i live in the uk and i know it can take a little while for stuff to transit through our post system .i was wondering if anyone had any ideas how i could contact meteor to find out ?

I think the answer is, you can't. Honestly, if you get your goods, I'll be very surprised. It's not impossible, but given the nature of the beast (meant in the best "666" way), I'll be highly surprised if everyone who paid money gets their stuff.

Has your card been charged? If so, and if you don't get the goods in a reasonable time (a couple of weeks), I'd have the charges reversed. If your card hasn't been charged, then I'd say it's about a 146% chance you're not getting anything.

Meteor is gone. The web site is down.

J

Considering that there is no longer surface mail from the US to overseas destinations...First Class International Air would be my best guess for the mode. Timeline, my shipments usually reach their destination in 7-14 days.

Given they are not providing any contact information anymore, you'd better continue using what you have from before.

I was at the closeout "sale" on Saturday (although it really wasnt a sale, items were full price) and I noticed several Meteor employees very busy putting together mail orders. In fact, one section of the room was dedicated to boxes full of orders getting ready to ship and they had some urgency doing that. Let's complain after the fact that someone doesnt get something he ordered and paid for, there will be plenty of time for that. :)

There is hope. I placed an order the week before the announcement for some SR-71 decals and they arrived early this week. If you received a notice that they'd shipped, then I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Rodney

They are moving out of the warehouse today and tomorrow. I suspect that support@meteorprod.com email still works, but don't expect to hear right back from them as moving can be a bit chaotic. I know they were shipping the B-52 stuff as fast as it got done. Just be patient--they don't have control over the mail...

drat that sucks about meteor. anyone know where i can find the 1/48 scale sr-71 detailed exhausts from cutting edge?

Cutting Edge was a division of Meteor Productions. Therefore CE is history as well. Your only hope would be to find someone who is willing to part with their set or a shop that still has CE stock.

Cheers,

John

Hopefully someone will buy up their molds and start up production again :wave:

Oh no!! That ain't gonna happen!! Dave doesn't want anyone to steal our joy but, if you all will sit back and take a long, hard look. That is exactly what he is doing by not trying to find a buyer for the molds so that they COULD be released again.

But, that's his prerogative. After all, they are his.

Go ahead and flame away guys. Because I was doing detailed cockpits looooooong before any of the resin companies came along and I'll continue to do so as long as Plastisruct and Evergreen are around.

Take care, gentlemen.

Oh no!! That ain't gonna happen!! Dave doesn't want anyone to steal our joy but, if you all will sit back and take a long, hard look. That is exactly what he is doing by not trying to find a buyer for the molds so that they COULD be released again.

But, that's his prerogative. After all, they are his.

Go ahead and flame away guys. Because I was doing detailed cockpits looooooong before any of the resin companies came along and I'll continue to do so as long as Plastisruct and Evergreen are around.

Take care, gentlemen.

But as Titan mentioned a little while back...alot of the stuff Meteor did is/or is going to be available from other sources...so we should not worry :wave:

I got emails that a couple of orders had been sent out over the week or so, and they both arrived a couple of days after I got the email. They were the BUFF sets and the SR-71 decals.
i ordered stuff and didn't get diddley for e-mail confirmation and recieved it today!

semper Fi

Dan

I got my order today as well.

Be patient,

-Doug :wave:

So there you go Jennings, people are actually getting their stuff.

Only thing I'm still waiting on is my FG.1/FGR.2 conversion. All my other orders have been received.

You'll love it when you see it Mate. One or two areas that might've been done different or better but it's a great conversion!

I received my order yesterday. Not everything that I ordered was available but I got most things. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or not, but there were actually some freebie extras included. It almost made up for the high prices. I hope Dave does reconsider about selling the molds but I kinda doubt that will happen.

My experience with their close out sale was very very poor. I placed a rather large order within 30 minutes after they announced their closing. I understood that not everything would be in stock but I ordered almost exclusively from their CE line. The order arrived today and I received only 25% of what I originally ordered. And then to add some salt to the wound, they included and charged me for another six items that were clearly NOT included on my original internet order. Never had a problem before with them but this was extremely disappointing. ;)

My solution is to return the whole order and instruct my Visa Card company to refuse payment because the shipment was not as ordered.

-Cliff

hi

i have an outstanding order for £100 's worth of B52 stuff ,and i am a little concerned as to if meteor are going to hounor the order no they have closed down . i did get a generic email about a week ago stating that the order had been shipped but there was no details of how it was shipped (air or surface ) i live in the uk and i know it can take a little while for stuff to transit through our post system .i was wondering if anyone had any ideas how i could contact meteor to find out ?

I had an e-mail from them saying my phantom conversion had been dispatched. Meteor supplied me with the tracking number . I find using parcel force tracking international parcels it is now on 49 hour delivery and should be here by monday.

I received my order yesterday. Everything I ordered was included - sort of.

I was positive I had ordered a 1:32 F-16 ADF resin tail, but what I got was the 1:48 tail at the 1:32 price.

Not too pleased about that, mainly because I have no recourse.