Macchi Mc.202, 151° Squadriglia, 20° Gruppo

This will probably be my last entry. The Ju 88 should be done this weekend, photographs may have to wait until the sun comes out.

I'll be using the Hasegawa kit for this along with a True Details resin cockpit, Sky Decals and Mike Grant smoke rings.

32_12_b1.jpg

Most of the assembly is done:

DSCN0462.jpg

The wheel wells were a little barren (typical of Hasegawa in this scale). I wanted to dress them up a little without getting bogged down in a protracted project. Used sheet brass, plastic strips, and wire to liven them up a bit:

DSCN0463.jpg

Off to the paint shop!

Smoke rings applied. Really went on easily, I'd recommend them whole-heartedly. I should have had a little more spacing between the ones on the wings, I'm hoping that once the markings are applied that they'll help shift the the focus away from them a bit.

DSCN0470.jpg

DSCN0471.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

Ben,

The smoke rings went down pretty easily, they're very thin and with a little Micro-Sol lay down wherever you put them. The only drawback is that the ink is very easy to rub off when you're handling the model, I rubbed parts of a couple areas off when applying the rest of the decals.

The Sky decals were great as usual.

And the last one for me for this GB is in the books....

The only thing I had left to do Friday was to put the spinner back plate, the prop and the prop boss together and attach to it the plane. When I pulled the prop out of the box one of the blades was obviously in rough shape. Closer inspection revealed kitty teeth marks all along the blade. Some of you may know my cats are conniseurs of fine styrene, the more expensive the kit the more they like it. There was no fixing it, so after a string of expletives it was time for plan B. A search through the stash revealed that Airfix Bf 110 prop blades were a pretty good match so the Airfix kit made the ultimate sacrifice. A little surgery and we were on our way.

Pretty happy with the way she came out, Italian aircraft are really starting to grow on me. These things have the potential to pull me away from my beloved 109's and 190's! ;)

72_mc_202_151_2_1.JPG

72_mc_202_151_2_2.JPG

72_mc_202_151_2_3.JPG

72_mc_202_151_2_4.JPG

72_mc_202_151_2_5.JPG

tarantola_1.jpg

Pretty happy with the way she came out, Italian aircraft are really starting to grow on me. These things have the potential to pull me away from my beloved 109's and 190's!

Well, you could do a 109 in Italian RSI markings... those are pretty sharp looking and add a different "flavor" to the collection. Your Macchi is really great looking, and you can be rightfully proud of it.

Edited by jeff briner

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Well, you could do a 109 in Italian RSI markings... those are pretty sharp looking and add a different "flavor" to the collection. Your Macchi is really great looking, and you can be rightfully proud of it.

In progress! Third one down... :rolleyes:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=146262