Waiting for the black car to bring me to the gulag...

Some days a go I got the following telegram from our "Zampolit"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL TELEGRAM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are playing a shabby trick on our homeland and on our Red Army STOP

Until now you did not consider advisable to finish the Mi-8 STOP

Mi-8s are today as essential to our Red Army as are air and bread STOP

After 6 months you still haven't put paint on the Mi-8 STOP

This is an insult to our homeland, to the Red Army STOP

We need more Mi-8s, not news on your ongoing "soap opera" with Irene STOP

If you intend to weaken our homeland by not delivering the Mi-8 you had to

make, you make a heavy mistake and you will have to pay for it STOP

I ask you not to abuse the patience of our government and to finish the Mi-8 STOP

Let this be a last warning STOP

Have a nice day,

Your Zampolit

Despite the telegram I didn't finish the Mi-8 in time... but as you know something else kept my mind busy in the last months. Yes, she's still driving me crazy...it looks like some kind of soap opera: she talks about friendship, I talk about something else (and it doesn't seems to me she behaves like a friend when we are together) and then I end up saying we can't be friends, saying farewell to her... then after one week or 2, we meet again for some kind of reason... and she's an angel as always... spend some time together and it's wonderful to be with her. And I mean REALLY wonderful. You know when you spend all the time joking and laughing for the smallest thing? And I think it's the same for her too, otherwise she wouldn't... well, until we come to the same point... and it all starts again!

When I saw her just after xmas to tell her I didn't wan't to go out with her as "friends" I gave her a small plush penguin (and then we didn't talk to each other for 3 weeks). Last week shes says she has something for me... and guess what? A small plastic penguin (very ugly to be frank, but beautiful anyway, it is one of those that have a small spring inside and "walk"). Ok, you said you just want to be friends (and of course you know I don't), but WHY DO YOU GIVE ME A PENGUIN?????

Anyway, the Mi-8 is just more or less ready for the paint shop, so it will take at least another week (or 2) to finish. I have no excuses for failing to finish it in time for the GB, I'm waiting for a black car to pass and take me to the gulag, the question is... what to put in the suitcase?

(ps, the "Telegram" was an adaptation of a famous Stalin telegram to 2 aircraft factories during the war)

Edited by Yuri
(ps, the "Telegram" was an adaptation of a famous Stalin telegram to 2 aircraft factories during the war)

:whistle:

How was it original?

Yuri, we are bouth dommed. :worship:

I am not finished with my MiG iether (but i will finish it next week).

lol great letter...

as for woman - as I understand you were a couple and you broke up... if that is the case, stay away from her... don't even think having some more than a faint friendship with her... it might be hard but it's the best thing to do, I have to admit... so just hold on! telling from my personal experience... and not single anymore for the last 4 days :thumbsup:

lol great letter...

as for woman - as I understand you were a couple and you broke up... if that is the case, stay away from her... don't even think having some more than a faint friendship with her... it might be hard but it's the best thing to do, I have to admit... so just hold on! telling from my personal experience... and not single anymore for the last 4 days :worship:

No, we never were a couple, but I definitely felt we could and asked her... see the older topic... http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=129179

Yes, I know I have to stay away... I'm mad about her, so I can't be her friend (and that's what I told her last time).

Anyway, they asked about the original telegram...

As reported on the book MIG, 50 years of secret aircraft design

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL TELEGRAM

December 1941

Two addresses in Kuybyshev

SHENKMAN, factory no.18 manager

Copy to: TRETYAKOV, factory no.1 manager

You are playing a shabby trick on our homeland and on our Red Army STOP

Until now you did not consider it advisable to produce Il-2 STOP

Il-2s are today as essential to our Red Army as are air and bread STOP

Shenkman produces only one Il-2 every day and Tretyakov one or two MiG-3 STOP

This is an insult to our homeland, to the Red Army STOP

We need Il-2s, not MIGs STOP

If factory no. 18 intends to weaken our homeland by delivering only one Il-2 per day

they make a heavy mistake and they will have to pay for it STOP

I ask you not to abuse the patience of our government and produce more Il-2 STOP

Let this be a last warning to you both STOP

No. P553 Stalin

Edited by Yuri