it's not the 1/48th scale version if the sizes he is giving are correct. it's about 10" longer. i would think that other modelers would want this guy to succeed. maybe it will make our hobby a little more accepted in the art collecting world. i mean, wooden ship models have been sold for this, so why not aircraft? if it is truly a one off hand built item, hey who's to say what it is actually worth?

just my opinion.

Bill

I kind agree...it's sounding a little pissy-catty around here.

The guy made it by hand. Where's your scratchbuilt anything guys?

Hell, he actually finished the dang thing! That's worth more than any of our half built kits right there.

Pete

I'm kinda with you. I say to him, "good Luck"!

Those dimensions would put it at about what? 1/35? So yes, scratchbuilt.

And that guy's name sounds vaguely familiar. He's not the South American modeller with the web site of super-detailed, large scale models that gets posted every so often, to much drooling, praise, and rounds of 'I'm taking up knitting', is he?

As for the auction itself, my only real criticism is that, for the money, and for the quality they're advertising the finished item to be, they really should have more, better and bigger pics. Link to a gallery or something if they don't want to pay the associated fees. The built kits that go for decent money, even if they're not jaw-droppingly great builds, are always at least well photographed so you can see what you're buying, and see that it looks pretty nice. The pics in this auction are more like the $20 start price and still don't sell specials.

I agree. if he's expecting to sell it, he needs to provide more evidence as to what it is. something in that price range should have a book of photos taken by a professional just really showcase what you're bidding on. I for one hope he gets every penny and then some. who knows, maybe people will start looking at models as more than just toys and perhaps even great pieces of art.

i mean if you really get down to the brass tacks....paintings sell for waaaay higher prices, and the actual work and materials invested in some paintings pales in comparason to some modelers work....so why not thousands of dollars?

Bill

I kind agree...it's sounding a little pissy-catty around here.

The guy made it by hand. Where's your scratchbuilt anything guys?

Hell, he actually finished the dang thing! That's worth more than any of our half built kits right there.

Pete

:coolio:

i concur!! if it's built by hand! Damn nice! if he can get that kind of scratch! good for him!!

Semper Fi

Dan