Well me Hearty's

I decided to build the F-35K after not doing any modeling for almost 2 months. I've been to 9 countries in 6 weeks so modeling is out the window a bit. I did manage to secure 2 Supermarine Scimitars from Dynavector to do the 544 and F1 but since I haven't done anything yet in 2008 I decided to bang out an easy one first.

I know its wrong and thanks for the previous advice but it looks OK to someone whose never seen one so I'm giving it a go. On Saturday I did the wheel and weapons bays, tails, elevons and the cockpit. Then last night glued the fuselage halves together and added all the bits. Not quite a kit in a night but getting on for it. Not a bad kit for a new manufacturer. If Classic Airframes efforts went together this well I'd have Meteors everywhere!

Just a bit of filler to add round the intakes and we're up to final painting. Since this is a bit of an inaccurate kit I might do a what if in some DSG over white and D series roundels. Is this allowed in the GB?

AustraliaFeb08217.jpg

Cheers

Colin

Had a good run over the last weekend and managed to get the paint on. Filler was needed around the nose and intake trunks as the top was bigger than the bottom but otherwise went together very easily. The plastic is quite rough, like the Later Airfix Buccaneer and Lightning only much more so. I gave the whole thing 2-3 coats of Mr Surfacer from a spay and this levelled it out very well.

I put the wheels on last night and now we are ready for decals. Still have weapons and cockpit to do after decaling.

F-35001.jpg

F-35004.jpg

Might make the deadline yet.

Colin W

The plastic is quite rough, like the Later Airfix Buccaneer and Lightning only much more so.

I can see the comparison between the F-25 kit and the Bucc as they were both spark-eroded, but unless you got a very bad moulding, the Lightning's are smooth, Beryllium-tooled mouldings.

i was wondering if thier was a kit of this airplane. i watched a show on the history channell a few nights ago on the new stealth airplanes and they covered all versions of this airplane. outstanding build so far keep up the great work.

Hi Guys

Most of the decals on and its looking like a real Fleet air Arm Jet now.

Squadron is 800 on board HMS Elizabeth. I chose a futuristic serial of ZX series and assumed the Navy would continue with single letter Carrier codes, hence the E.

Weapons, doors and minor details to add.

I'm not sure how much weathering these planes get from the jet exhaust so I might have to stop for a bit more research over the weekend.

F-35008.jpg

F-35005.jpg

Cheers

Colin

i was wondering if thier was a kit of this airplane. i watched a show on the history channell a few nights ago on the new stealth airplanes and they covered all versions of this airplane. outstanding build so far keep up the great work.

There are X-35 kits released in 1:48, 1:72 and 1:44

There are no kits of the F-35 at this time.

Hoi,

I had doubts about the paint scheme at first, but now seeing it... The X-35 looks like it was meant to be a FAA aircraft. The scheme really works for it. Nice build.

later

Ruud

Well here she is XF-35K. 800 squadron FAA on board HMS Elizabeth 2012.

Finished off last night by completing the cockpit, kind of fun to do it last! I added the 2 HOTAS controllers and some CRT screens made of old negatives. Seat is from an old Tornado

F-35021.jpg

I'll take few more pics over the weekend and post onto the completed thread.

Thanks for the comments

Colin W

:sunrevolves: