Participants and GB entries

Fellow Matchboxians

As opposed to the expressions of interest requested in the GB announcement thread, this is the definitive list that will aid Julien, Tim and I plus allow everyone really see what we are all intending to build.

This also helps Julien, Tim and I with admin stuff :)

To start the ball rolling and set the format...

Madmike (Michael Johnson)

1:72 Armstrong Whitworth Siskin IIIA

1:76 Wespe (perhaps)

1:76 Sd.kfz 232

please add to the list!

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

Count me in please! This GB is going to be an incentive to build models for the CBK display at Scalemodelworld 2008 that is going to replicate a catalogue cover. Here goes:-

1/72 Heinkel 111

1/72 B-25

1/72 B-26

1/700 HMS Exeter

I'll be rummaging through the stash tomorrow to dig these out.

peebeep

I'm in!

All 1/72:

Hawker Fury PK-1 completed 04/05

Gloster Gladiator PK-8 completed 03/21

Two Boeing P-12E's PK-3

I've been saving one of the P-12Es almost since the last Matchbox GB ended to play along in this one!

Bri2k

Edited by Bri2k

I have been looking forward to this. I have a Matchbox Wellesley I have long wanted to build. A couple of months ago, several people were kind enough to share with me good information on the cockpits and interior features, and recently I found on sale the Falcon set containing tranparencies for the type. I have a couple of other projects on, but hope to be up and running on this by May at the latest.

It is great, by the way, to see several people announcing biplane projects for this group build! I wish some current companies would revive the Matchbox engineering for their biplane kits today. Matchbox biplanes are the best 'first biplane' kits available by far still.

I am in again -- this time with the PK-25 A.W. Siskin, but not just one of them ...

I'll start my thread in a week, I'm traveling and can't provide photos or some info ...

I am puzzled, however, by the rules which state "The list below is pretty much the definitive Matchbox Aircraft kit listing. These are the only kits allowed in the Group Build." This list leaves out the 1/32 aircraft (of which I have two), the armor (which I saw someone was going to build), and even the 1/72 Flower which I have waiting to be built. Yeah, I know this is ARC, but it's Matchbox ...

Glad we're started ...

John

I am in again -- this time with the PK-25 A.W. Siskin, but not just one of them ...

I'll start my thread in a week, I'm traveling and can't provide photos or some info ...

I am puzzled, however, by the rules which state "The list below is pretty much the definitive Matchbox Aircraft kit listing. These are the only kits allowed in the Group Build." This list leaves out the 1/32 aircraft (of which I have two), the armor (which I saw someone was going to build), and even the 1/72 Flower which I have waiting to be built. Yeah, I know this is Arc, but it's Matchbox ...

Glad we're started ...

John

John

I snagged that list from the the 2006 GB and wanted to add more kits from Matchbox's other subjects. However there is a permissions error and I cannot modify the post that I have locked. I have asked Steve Filak to look into it for me.

Rest assured, it was mentioned in the guidelines that any subject and scale is allowed. So yes, armour and the Flower Class corvette are on the table as entries.

:bandhead2:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

Um... Hi Guys,

I've been looking forward to this GB for some time.

But I want to build Pk-502. I.e. 1/32-scale Messerschmitt Bf 109e-4. (as I only build in 1/32-scale)

Please advise if I have the go ahead in this GB.

Um... Hi Guys,

I've been looking forward to this GB for some time.

But I want to build Pk-502. I.e. 1/32-scale Messerschmitt Bf 109e-4. (as I only build in 1/32-scale)

Please advise if I have the go ahead in this GB.

Allok

Guidelines state that any scale and any subject is allowed. That includes all scales of aircraft, armour and ships.

:bandhead2:

MikeJ

Hello, Madmike!

I think now I will present my Ju 188, began two years ago!

Really! I had misery with it, but I finally won!

The story in pics, probably next Saturday.

I am so much happy to see again some Matchbox kits :cheers: !

Thank you, Madmike!

Philippe

Philippe

Unfortunately, the build of your Ju-188 will not be able to be entered in the GB.

You must enter a kit to be specifically build for the GB.

I will add an inspiration thread for non GB Matchbox builds and I would love to see some pics placed there.

:cheers: and thanks

MikeJ

Ok Gentlemen... I'm in. I have the Bf110 in 1/72 PK40115. (actually PK is 115)

Her raised panel lines, and titanium based plastic beckon me!

Good luck everyone, and lets have some fun.

Adam

McAllen TX

USA

me110-1.jpg

Welcome aboard MatchboxMadness 2008 - less than an hour to go!

Mike has posted a vision of the GB with some kit eligability rules.

Could I ask that all contributors post the PK number of their kit.

For a genuine Matchbox boxing of a kit, this will be on the box, instructions, decals and sprues.

For a Matchbox kit, released by another manufacturer, the PK number might be on the sprues only.

There were also kits by other manufacturers, released under the Matchbox label. If you're building one of these, please include a photo of the box or instructions - but something with the Matchbox logo.

Everything else has already been said, other than with Mike in Australia, and Julien and myself in the UK - we should be able to achieve almost 24 hour air support for this GB.

As Mike and Julien have said, enjoyment is compulsory with MatchboxGBs - so have fun with your building, and post lots of photos.

I built everything Matchbox that I had in my stash for MatchboxMadness2006, so can only offer a Revell Victor which is PK-551 for this GB.

;)

Count me in!

(I know I said that last time but this time I mean it....)

Got a lot of Matchboxes in the stash, and started collecting a few Revell re-issues. Matchbox are the only AFVs I build, and I love them. Dunno what I'll do just yet, too much to choose from, but it won't be the Flower Class I just picked up on Ebay for €25 :o .... six months is barely long enough for a purple range kit for me never mind this...

Possible contenders are Tempest, MiG 21, Zero, Spitfire, G-91, T-2, Puma SDKFZTHINGY, Diamond T and trailer, LRDG set, Comet, USS Indianapolis, Skyservant, Beaufighter, Surtees..... so many models, so little time....

(and that's not even half the Matchbox Stash..)

A question and an offer,

Are AMT car/truck kits allowed? I have an AMT boxed 1968 Shelby Mustang GT500, bought recently because I built the Matchbox/AMT issued one in the eighties (like most of my Revell reissues). Since it was once in a Lesney Matchbox box does it count? (For the record, my own opinion is unless it's a Matchbox tooled kit, or actually in a Matchbox labelled box it shouldn't count. To keep in the spirit, so to speak.)

Secondly, I have scans of matchbox catalogues from 1974-75; 1976; 1979-80 and a hard copy of the 1980-81 cat. If you need any info or pictures, let me know.

Also, see this thread for something that might interest you all....

http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3558

A question and an offer,

Are AMT car/truck kits allowed? I have an AMT boxed 1968 Shelby Mustang GT500, bought recently because I built the Matchbox/AMT issued one in the eighties (like most of my Revell reissues). Since it was once in a Lesney Matchbox box does it count? (For the record, my own opinion is unless it's a Matchbox tooled kit, or actually in a Matchbox labelled box it shouldn't count. To keep in the spirit, so to speak.)

Secondly, I have scans of matchbox catalogues from 1974-75; 1976; 1979-80 and a hard copy of the 1980-81 cat. If you need any info or pictures, let me know.

Also, see this thread for something that might interest you all....

http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3558

To answer your question;

Yes it must be a Matchbox tooled kit and no it does not need to be in a Matchbox box. Those rules were applied in the 2006 GB and there is no reason for me to consider altering them.

Edited by madmike
typo

I'm in Johno

Just not sure what I'll build yet - will confirm later, maybe the Corsair you sent me, perhaps a Lightening T55.

Will probably be my only build this year - too bloody busy with other stuff, so glad I've got till Sept 08 to get it done.

Count me in!

(I know I said that last time but this time I mean it....)

Got a lot of Matchboxes in the stash, and started collecting a few Revell re-issues. Matchbox are the only AFVs I build, and I love them. Dunno what I'll do just yet, too much to choose from, but it won't be the Flower Class I just picked up on Ebay for €25 :banana: .... six months is barely long enough for a purple range kit for me never mind this...

Possible contenders are Tempest, MiG 21, Zero, Spitfire, G-91, T-2, Puma SDKFZTHINGY, Diamond T and trailer, LRDG set, Comet, USS Indianapolis, Skyservant, Beaufighter, Surtees..... so many models, so little time....

(and that's not even half the Matchbox Stash..)

So thats Roy in for a Tempest, MiG 21, Zero, Spitfire, G-91, T-2, Puma SDKFZTHINGY, Diamond T and trailer, LRDG set, Comet, USS Indianapolis, Skyservant, Beaufighter, that should keep him fairly busy for a couple of weeks :woot.gif:

Julien