Participants and GB entries

Oh sure what the heck! I was just staring at this 1/32nd Lysander that's been calling to me and now I know why - Matchbox groupbuild! So as I always say in these things, sure I'll starta model and fail to finish it :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

hi, Madmike, Julien and everyone, I want to enter this GB with Matchbox F-14A, do you have any detail info about the very early stage Tomcat? Thanks.

I've missed the classic Airfix GB already, sure to join this one!

P.S. can I submit this Draken to the closed 2007 Airfix GB? I don't use a spray gun by then... [Airfix 1/72 J-35OE Austrian AF Farewell]

Edited by newca96
hi, Madmike, Julien and everyone, I want to enter this GB with Matchbox F-14A, do you have any detail info about the very early stage Tomcat? Thanks.

I've missed the classic Airfix GB already, sure to join this one!

P.S. can I submit this Draken to the closed 2007 Airfix GB? I don't use a spray gun by then... [Airfix 1/72 J-35OE Austrian AF Farewell]

Hi Newca96, The Matchbox Tomcat is PK-406, one that I've never built - so looking forward to this one.

Post plenty of in construction shots, to show us how you're getting on.

Absolute detail is not really what this GB is about - so don't worry tooo much about it. If you're unsure look for Tomcats on the internet, or just follow your instructions. Tooo much research material is the biggest reason that models don't get completed (or even started).

This GB is about building and completing a Matchbox model. Take a look at a few other threads - this one for example http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=145652.

It's too late to submit anything to the closed Airfix thread now, and I think it's sealed anyway. Save your Draken for the inspiration thread of the next appropriate GB. As I said GBs are about the current build process - not and excuse to post photos of your already built models.

Hello,

may I please join your group build with a Revell (Matchbox) He70 (PK-132)?

I will try to finish it in Deutsche Luft Hansa colours (mid 30s) with some minor detailing of my own.

I have to be honest with you however. I started building this kit yesterday morning and I've only found out there is a Matchbox GB just now. Not much has been done though since I started working on it. "Slow" is my middle name (for more reasons than one) but I will understand if you won't accept this entry.

Thanks.

Hello,

may I please join your group build with a Revell (Matchbox) He70 (PK-132)?

I will try to finish it in Deutsche Luft Hansa colours (mid 30s) with some minor detailing of my own.

I have to be honest with you however. I started building this kit yesterday morning and I've only found out there is a Matchbox GB just now. Not much has been done though since I started working on it. "Slow" is my middle name (for more reasons than one) but I will understand if you won't accept this entry.

Thanks.

Welcome aboard Phantom Phixer, this is all within the spirit of the GB.

Just remember to post lots of photos of the progress you're making - so that we know you're having fun.

Ernie

Hows the Dornier coming along?

My BF110 is assembled and undercoated - just awaiting a coat of hellblau. It's going to be a 110 C-3. (Learnt more about 110's than I ever thought I needed to know!!)

Adam

Hi all,

I look forward to this fun build.

Thanks,

Ernie A.

Edited by scooter
  • 3 weeks later...
hi friend,can i join the group built with this old matchbox viper kit??

thanks!

Welcome Aspide85, remember to post lots of construction photos for us the see.

I'll take some pictures of my Matchbox F-16s next time I go into my loft.

A single seat Thunderbird, and twin seat Klu with a Tiger on the tail.

Enjoy the groupbuild, Tim

Hello all!

This will be my first GB on ARC since I mostly hang out on the 'what-if?' board. But who can resist the nostalgia of a Matchbox kit???

Anyway, I'd like to join up with PK106, the mighty Buccaneer S2. Since most of my builds at 'what ifs', this one will be one too, probably as a USMC or USN A-8 in Vietnam colors.

IMG_1035.jpg

In this spirit of recapturing the pure joy of building a Matchbox as a kid, I'm going to try to do this one in a day.

Am I a massochist? 2nd model for Matchbox Madness will be PK-116 D.H. Mosquito NF.30. With roundels, but no serials.

mossiebox.jpg

Appreciating the fact that these are nice easy builds that I can complete in an evening or so. Gives me a chance to break away from the kits on my pile that are 150+ parts.

Edited by flankerfan

OK, I´ll join in with two entries.

Martin B-26 Marauder

Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress.

None of the kits are built, but some parts from both are of the sprues.

Might enter more later, since I´m really into Matchbox nostalgia at the moment. :)

kitbox.jpg

Set to be a "633 Squadron" machine, so expect to see a little aftermarket here and there, as well as donations from an Airfix Mossie or three. BUT the vaaast majority will be PK-116!

Very excited about this kit, I expect to have a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to getting into it! May end up finding another kit to enter too!