First Responder Eagle Completed

Beautiful Ken!

I've put mine on the shelf for a while. I'm tired of filling and sanding seams and trying to get everything to fit right. One day I'll finish it.

Aaron

Aaron - good luck if you decide to tackle it again. Having built quite a few of these, I have learned most of the tough spots. However, there are still parts that can be difficult

Wow Ken....between the dual acrylic rods (which look perfect) and the halfway retracted landing gear and the 100% realistic looking runway....and info plaque and the squadron badges......you've got it perfect. Not to mention the flawless work done on the Eagle.

It is a true pleasure to see the photos of the finished model.

:thumbsup::deadhorse1:

Ken, that is a phenomenal display. I love the way you have the gear closing up, and the base is perfect too! The runway really gives the impression of speed. How did you make the September 11 plaque? A very beautiful tribute! :thumbsup:

Wow Ken....between the dual acrylic rods (which look perfect) and the halfway retracted landing gear and the 100% realistic looking runway....and info plaque and the squadron badges......you've got it perfect. Not to mention the flawless work done on the Eagle.

It is a true pleasure to see the photos of the finished model.

:thumbsup::deadhorse1:

thanks a lot Steve. Once I gain some of my sanity back, I will be submitting an article :)

Ken, that is a phenomenal display. I love the way you have the gear closing up, and the base is perfect too! The runway really gives the impression of speed. How did you make the September 11 plaque? A very beautiful tribute! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Jamie - the plaque was made by a local trophy shop - actually about only 1 mile from me. I found a new source for stuff for my bases now....and the owner is former Army and Navy.

Edited by Ken Middleton

Hi Ken,

I really like this :sunrevolves:

You've made a terrific job of the whole thing. Getting the gear doors open and the oleo extended on the front leg is a nice touch. It gives the model movement and helps to tell the story well.

It's obvious that you've spent a bit of time around Eagles as your build looks lovely. I'd prefer a little weathering but that's just me. I like the way you've turned the pilots head a touch too.

Even the bends in the acrylic rod are perfect. :deadhorse1:

Great stuff!!

:cheers:

stunning as usual Ken!

been waiting so see this one finished. love it.

any chance of a nice shot of the under-side to see the retracting gear?

thanks.

Richard

thanks! - I did take a couple of shots but they didn't come out too well due to the low lighting and angle. I am going to try again

Hi Ken,

I really like this :sunrevolves:

You've made a terrific job of the whole thing. Getting the gear doors open and the oleo extended on the front leg is a nice touch. It gives the model movement and helps to tell the story well.

It's obvious that you've spent a bit of time around Eagles as your build looks lovely. I'd prefer a little weathering but that's just me. I like the way you've turned the pilots head a touch too.

Even the bends in the acrylic rod are perfect. :deadhorse1:

Great stuff!!

:cheers:

thanks! I agree on the weathering. I tossed that around, and decided to do it minimally including the nozzles and a few panel lines (even on the metal area I highlighted a few). Though the jet was pretty well maintained, some dirt and grime was evident.

I bent one rod, and then used it as a template for the 2nd one therefore ensuring 2 uniform ones.