Beer?? I'm shocked....SHOCKED to think there will be drinking at such a hallowed event as the US Nats (it getting deep in here or what?? :P ) :rofl::rofl: B)

I vote we go with the Bud

If you try to bring Budweiser, I will do what I can to ensure the doors are locked and no one can get in... NO ONE should be forced to drink that swill. :rofl:

Miller Light then ;)

Grey Ghost, Ya got taste! :thumbsup: Dogfish Head has some of the best brews that I have tasted. They also manage to win awards rather consistently for their beer. :cheers:

Mike

Dogfish Head Brewing in Rehobeth Beach Delaware is semi-local and very, very good. I don't know of any Virginia brews.

I'd like to chime in for St George Brewing Company of Hampton, VA.

I had the pleasure of visiting the brewery with a buddy last year (it is literally RIGHT across the street from NASA Langley), and the beer was fantastic. They do special order kegs, and if contacted in advance they will do special bottlings for events.

Here's their website: St George's

Nick

Beer? Well, whatever keeps everybody else happy then.

Me? I'll be the guy walking around with the black and white labelled stuff from Tennessee, even though I'll be paying for it.

Waco, I upgraded from JD to Makers Mark a couple years ago, and haven't looked back. JD recently lowered the alcohol content of their bourbon and started charging more for it... that was it for me. I've found MM to be a smoother bourbon anyways, but I won't hate on Jack... we've had too many years together, LOL. :cheers:

Lynn

Waco, I upgraded from JD to Makers Mark a couple years ago, and haven't looked back. JD recently lowered the alcohol content of their bourbon and started charging more for it... that was it for me. I've found MM to be a smoother bourbon anyways, but I won't hate on Jack... we've had too many years together, LOL. :thumbsup:

Lynn

Why not dump the whole JD thing and go for Crown Royal?? Tasty!!!!

My former Brother in Law used to call JD Unlce Jack because they were so close!! :doh:

I upgraded from JD to Makers Mark a couple years ago, and haven't looked back. JD recently lowered the alcohol content of their bourbon and started charging more for it... that was it for me. I've found MM to be a smoother bourbon anyways, but I won't hate on Jack... we've had too many years together, LOL. :thumbsup:

Thank you! I keep saying exactly that!. I'll bring a bottle to the TwoBobs Hospitality Party.

Why not dump the whole JD thing and go for Crown Royal?? Tasty!!!!

My former Brother in Law used to call JD Unlce Jack because they were so close!! :salute:

Bah, I've tried Crown and don't much care for the taste, although it's light years better than Jim Beam. I will confess to enjoying an ice-cold shot of SoCo now and again, though... but ya gotta be careful, because that s**t will screw you up good. :) Besides, Crown Royal was what screwed up Stevie Ray Vaughan for so many years- he finally got out of his alcoholic haze a few months before died.

/SRV for the win

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Bah, I've tried Crown and don't much care for the taste, although it's light years better than Jim Beam. I will confess to enjoying an ice-cold shot of SoCo now and again, though... but ya gotta be careful, because that s**t will screw you up good. :thumbsup: Besides, Crown Royal was what screwed up Stevie Ray Vaughan for so many years- he finally got out of his alcoholic haze a few months before died.

/SRV for the win

It wasn't the Crown that screwed him up as much as the coke he was stirring into it. I sure miss him.

Mike