OK guys, the GB is over. I do have some prizes to award.

:monkeydance: First, the prizes:

1. EVERYBODY WINS!!! Eric YY of Hong Kong is giving all GB participants a Tamiya tool. I assume this is something of his choosing. Before he sends these out, he'll need a list of winners (everybody!) from me.

Just PM me with your ARC user name. I will send the list to YY. I will provide further information as soon as everyone PM's me and I have the list.

2. Diego at Hi-Decal Line is sending one decal sheet each to ten lucky winners. I will draw ten names at random from GB participants. I will post the winners here and send their ARC usernames to Diego. The winners can PM their mailing addresses to Diego for delivery.

3. Being the nice guy that I am, I will send to one lucky winner directly from my stash - one KAZAN conversion kit for the Sukhoi Su-11 "Fishpot-C" in 1:48 scale. This is to convert the OEZ Su-7. Again, I will draw one name at random from GB participants. Su-7 donor kit is not included.

If anyone has any concerns or questions or comments, please PM me very soon before I start drawing names.

==============================================================

OK, now the apology (and an explanation):

The GB is over and I'm very sorry I left you guys high-and-dry like I did. I'd rather not go into great details here, but someone very close to me was diagnosed with cancer in November and died right at the end of January. I've been posting on ARC occasionally, but stopped building models last November. I prefer to keep my private life private and will say no more on these forums. I may provide some more details to a couple of you that I know better.

Now, one of my beloved cats has developed some sort of a nuerological problem and has no response from the rear part of her body. It's like she's paralyzed. She just drags her hind legs along behind her. We are trying to reverse this through the use of steroids. If that doesn't work she'll have to be put down. :crying:

OK, I feel like I let you guys down. For that I apologise from the bottom of my heart. I should have let you guys know this a lot sooner and passed responsibility on to Mad Mike or Raymond, but my head just wasn't on straight. I'm really sorry.

Thanks for your understanding.

:cheers:

- Patrick

OK guys, the GB is over. I do have some prizes to award.

:monkeydance: First, the prizes:

1. EVERYBODY WINS!!! Eric YY of Hong Kong is giving all GB participants a Tamiya tool. I assume this is something of his choosing. Before he sends these out, he'll need a list of winners (everybody!) from me.

Just PM me with your ARC user name. I will send the list to YY. I will provide further information as soon as everyone PM's me and I have the list.

2. Diego at Hi-Decal Line is sending one decal sheet each to ten lucky winners. I will draw ten names at random from GB participants. I will post the winners here and send their ARC usernames to Diego. The winners can PM their mailing addresses to Diego for delivery.

3. Being the nice guy that I am, I will send to one lucky winner directly from my stash - one KAZAN conversion kit for the Sukhoi Su-11 "Fishpot-C" in 1:48 scale. This is to convert the OEZ Su-7. Again, I will draw one name at random from GB participants. Su-7 donor kit is not included.

If anyone has any concerns or questions or comments, please PM me very soon before I start drawing names.

==============================================================

OK, now the apology (and an explanation):

The GB is over and I'm very sorry I left you guys high-and-dry like I did. I'd rather not go into great details here, but someone very close to me was diagnosed with cancer in November and died right at the end of January. I've been posting on ARC occasionally, but stopped building models last November. I prefer to keep my private life private and will say no more on these forums. I may provide some more details to a couple of you that I know better.

Now, one of my beloved cats has developed some sort of a nuerological problem and has no response from the rear part of her body. It's like she's paralyzed. She just drags her hind legs along behind her. We are trying to reverse this through the use of steroids. If that doesn't work she'll have to be put down. :crying:

OK, I feel like I let you guys down. For that I apologise from the bottom of my heart. I should have let you guys know this a lot sooner and passed responsibility on to Mad Mike or Raymond, but my head just wasn't on straight. I'm really sorry.

Thanks for your understanding.

:cheers:

- Patrick

Thank you for this GB Patrick!

Sorry to hear that Patrick

Well, should consider myself lucky after all, as my reason for failing the GB is only my broken heart! :)

This is the point where I got with my Aeroflot Mi-8

101_0239.jpg

Filling and sanding was a never-ending task... not considering masking the for the dark blue areas... still have to add decals (the whole blue line will be a decal), undercarriage and so on... at least another week before I finish it...

Edited by Yuri

No appologies needed. I send you my most sincere condolences and best wishes for the kitty. It certainly was a very enjoyable GP dispite not being able to finish. Hope there's a follow up soon.

thanks,

Ernie A.

PM sent.

sincere condolences form my part aswell... I know how it feels, having someone close with cancer... and I also have cats and a dog now and I know it can be quite painful when something happenes to those little crittures... I hope you recover soon and will stay regular with us...

many thanks for the GB!

my condolences as well.

in fact i'm finishing up the mig-29 and su-17 as of now.. was late by a few weeks much apologies, but i'll post more pics when i can.

-Kevin

Edited by Tomcat RIO