EP-3E Orion - Any good decals out there?

There are two sheets I know of, both with full color hi vis options. According to the

1/72 Kit census P-3 page these are the only options.

Superscale 72432 EP-3E 148888/JQ/23 VQ-2, 150494/22 VQ-2, reviewed here: MM review

Superscale 72433 EP-3E 150501/PR/36 VQ-1 This one has a full color tail band with a bat in the middle.

DG

How many of you gents would like decals for the latest markings on the EP-3E?

I have pictures but don't know if there are enough of gents who want them to make it economically feasible to add one to an upcoming release.

Sound-off if you want them!

Mark

Wolfpak Decals

As for me. I would love a set too. You could also put some newer markings of a few VP squadrons on the sheet too. With the Revell P-3C going to be around this P-3 Flight engineer would love to see some markings of my squadron (VP-8). I can get the refrence pics all day.

Andy :crying2:

I have pictures but don't know if there are enough of gents who want them to make it economically feasible to add one to an upcoming release.

Sound-off if you want them!

Mark

Wolfpak Decals

Some markings for the plane that landed in China would be most appreciated :crying2:

As well as any newer low-viz schemes :crying2:

AW

Count me in - an up to date VQ-1 and VQ-2 combo would be cool (not too many unique decals between the two squadrons to do both I think).

The correct Q-1 side# for the Hainan bird would be neat (esp since Trumpeter offer the corresponding F-8 tail number on their FINBACK!!!)

Edited by MusicOn
I'd like to added to the list of folks who would like to see lo-vis gray EP-3 markings available. But I'd be ecstatic if I could find decals (including stensils!!!!) for this version:

http://www.airforceworld.com/others/gfx/ep3_2.jpg

Thanks! :woot.gif:

Mitch

I too would like a set for this aircraft as as well as the current low vis version ( have 2 of these to build :wub:)

Some markings for the plane that landed in China would be most appreciated
The correct Q-1 side# for the Hainan bird would be neat (esp since Trumpeter offer the corresponding F-8 tail number on their FINBACK!!!)

I'll echo the Hainan incident bird... but add in that it would be neat to have it in the markings it wore during the incident and then it's post-rebuild markings with the big bat on the tail!

I'd be willing to bet he either has the Hasegawa 1/48 EP-3E kit which is OOP and hard to get or a hasegawa/revell 1/72 P-3 + the lonestar models conversion set :)

AW

Hasegawa did a 1/48th EP-3E??? :rofl:

If you mean the 1/72 kit then yes it is this kit, got it from Chuck Cook!

Julien

The EP-3E was a very limited release with resin bits. There is also a nice Falcon vac conversion from *many* years ago (I had it in the early 80s). Don't know if it's still available, but the Hasegawa kit isn't unless you find one from a collector. IIRC, they wanted a fantasatic price for it, even when it came out like 8 years ago (around the time of the Hainan incident).

J

Gents:

I'll do a few P-3's and EP-3's. With my format they won't appear all on one sheet but you'll see them. Look for one next month if all goes well. It won't be a low vis one but one with current markings. The low vis markings will come later in the year.

Titan:

I'm always interested in pictures so if you have any of VP-8 please send them to:

mark.bilas@millcreekconsultants.com

Thanks Gents.

Mark

Edited by Mark S.

I don’t remember the Hasegawa EP-3E kit being that expensive. Thought it was about $35-40, which was about what the normal P-3s were going for at the time. I got one and I don’t think I would have bought it if it was abnormally high priced.

Well one just sold on Ebay a few days ago for about $70-$80 :rofl:

The Lonestar Models conversion isnt all that bad...its got some soft detail in spots, but It's definitely workable :)

Oh and Julien...I did mean 1/72 :woot.gif:

I don't know about the Lone Star EP-3E conversion but, I can vouch for his work. I have the F-15A Reporter conversion, 2 of his fire bomber tanks (F7F and B-25) and the T-28 wheel wells. All are good sets.

I don’t remember the Hasegawa EP-3E kit being that expensive. Thought it was about $35-40, which was about what the normal P-3s were going for at the time. I got one and I don’t think I would have bought it if it was abnormally high priced.

The one I ever saw for sale at the time was like $80, which I recall nearly losing my donuts over...

J

Gents:

I'll do a few P-3's and EP-3's. With my format they won't appear all on one sheet but you'll see them. Look for one next month if all goes well. It won't be a low vis one but one with current markings. The low vis markings will come later in the year.

Titan:

I'm always interested in pictures so if you have any of VP-8 please send them to:

mark.bilas@millcreekconsultants.com

Thanks Gents.

Mark

Will do. WE just did our CO's bird in a pretty cool scheme with tiger stripped nose numbers and an orange and black fin cap. I have an EP-3 that was dropped and have the resin bits from the kit. I was going to maybe redo an EP-3 later on. would probably part with them though.

Andy