• 2 weeks later...

Great pics guys, what about more detailing?Does anybody of you have some good shots of (opened) engines (I mean especially from top views etc. and radar operators offices?

It is so dissapointing that even if this plane flies for decades, there are no a lot quality pics.One friend of mine is working on few detailing sets for Hawkey (folded wings with flaps down, wheel bays, interior), so he really needs these pics even for YOU - :bandhead2: :huh:

• 1 month later...

Here's a pair of E-2Cs I shot at Republic Airport in November 2005. Every once in a while, the Navy brings some old Grumman iron into FRG so some of the current Northrop-Grumman folks can have a look at what their company used to produce.

85867196_drNjQ-L.jpg

85867236_4XAfA-L.jpg

85867225_yrFqV-L.jpg

85867207_nAtsD-L.jpg

Mig kills in a hawkeye?????

I imagine it would have been the E-2 that vectored the hornets to there MiG kills during desert storm. On closer inspection I must have been. It is carrying the same carrier name as the Mig Killing hornets.

• 3 months later...
Hmmm, Bear Aces....

Guess what I'm doing tonight :thumbsup:

-brian

AND THATS the squadron I would want to build!!!!!!! Go VAW-124 (CVW-8)! :thumbsup:

Oh by the way, the 2 kills on the hawkeye above, I would guess would either be the two planes shot down by VF-32 as guilded by the CVW-3 E-2 squadron of the day or the E-2 back in the early 80's from VAW-124 that guided VF-41 to the Tomcats first ever kills.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...