Hello gentlemen,

I would like to know if national markings are present on the underwings.

I've got 2 decal sheets, Hi-Decal and Carpena, but they are not agree : Hi-Decal said "yes" and Carpena said "no"

I found some pics on ARC Forums but it's very difficult to see something.

In advance, thanks.

Regards

Hello,

I have a set of Condor Decals from Argentina for the Su-25. There is an Iraqi Frogfoot dated to May 1989 in the set and it does have the triangular national insignia on both sides of the upper and underwings. They indicate that the underwing markings are right below the markings on the top of the wing.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Franc

The photos are not clear, but must of the sources place the national markings on under & om top of the wings.

_http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww4/a/43/19/0/3

Also I have KP kit with Iraqi decals in box & they are also for upper & underwings markings.

Edited by vrsa
  • 1 month later...
Does anybody know if the 1/48 Su-25 Frogfoot kits are still available? If so, where can I find it? Thanks.

Good luck on that one! The only 1/48 Frogfoot I can think of is the old Monogram kit, now OOP for some time. It wasnt a great representation of any particular variant, more like an "average" of what was available at the time. But like nearly all Monogram kits, it was good.

I've been trying to find one for a long time at a reasonable price, which has become a quest rivalling the search for the Holy Grail. The last few I've seen were in excess of $35... one of those being offered by one of our own members here. Talk about no loyalty...

If money is no object, they do pop up on ebay from time to time - but plan to snipe it with a big bid. Nickel and diming it will leave you empty handed.

Edited by dahut
Guest F!@nker^an24

Rats! :) Buying anything from eBay is the last thing I do. I just hope Revell Monogram brings it back on the shelf. I've been looking for that kit so that I could complete my adversary collection. So far I already got its opponent: Revell Monogram 1/48 A-10 Warthog Iraqi Freedom version.

The only 1/48 Frogfoot I can think of is the old Monogram kit, now OOP for some time. It wasnt a great representation of any particular variant, more like an "average" of what was available at the time.

Actually, it most closely resembled the T8 prototypes.

Another option in 1/48 is the KP kit. It's a rougher ride than the Monogram kit, but more representative of a production machine.

HTH,

Andre

Okay guys...... here's the deal.... I've got the 48th Revell of Germany boxing of the Monogram kit. It is complete, and unstarted with one exception.... I glued some weight into the nose of both fuselage halves. The problem is that the glue melted the plastic about 1 inch into the forward fuselage halves. However, all is not lost. With some filling and rescribing it can be salvaged. You can finish the kit off, or use it as a parts doaner for the KP (?) kits. The kit is free, but you pay the postage. I'm in the US. Please shoot me a PM. Fred K.

There are three Monogram Su-25s on Ebay right now. Bids range from $5.30 to $81.00.

There is an old school hobby shop near me. Last time I was there, around Christmas, he had three Monogram SU-25s on the shelve. Want me to check and see if they are still there?

Cheers,

Dave

Funny that the Su-25 fetches such a price on ebay - as typically these things can't sell for more than $15 or so at an IPMS show, so if you get a chance, hit the IPMS shows in your area, or talk to somebody locally that does, as the Monogram kit is definitely out there and available.

And FrereLeO has shown us the path to making it a production bird - check out his very inspiring thread in the work in progress threads.

The OEZ kit is an option, but outside of a few minor differences - most notably the RAM inlet at the base of the spine, the Monogram can be made "close enough" for many modelers.

Paul

Edited by pcotcher
Guest F!@nker^an24

I have seen FrereLeO's work in-progress on the Su-25 and I am very impressed by his efforts. If there's any achievment award for the best detailed modeler, FrereLeO would be that man! Prego FrereLeO!! :worship:

Sure Sig. Let me know how much it cost.

He's closed on Sunday and Monday. He is so old school, he only takes cash, no CC. If there are any left, I will hit the ATM and buy them all. I have one MIB but don't want to part with it. I also have one example of the Czech manufactured Su-25. Glad I held onto it during the great stash sell off of 2004.

Cheers,

Dave

Hello gentlemen,

I've got 2 decal sheets, Hi-Decal and Carpena, but they are not agree : Hi-Decal said "yes" and Carpena said "no"

In advance, thanks.

Regards

Bonjour,

Here the general "roules" for IrAF aircraft of Soviet origin ( well, there were some exceptions, as always <_< ):

MiG-17;-19;-21 - with uppersurface markings

MiG-23;-23BN;-25; -29 - no markings on uppersurfaces

Su-7;-20;-22;-24;-25 - markings applied on uppersurfaces

Splendide travail sur ton Su-25 ! Le résultat final sera surement époustouflant! :thumbsup:

Cordialement

Diego

HDL

In my opinion KP's Su-25 is much better option, but its even harder to find then Monogram. It has deeper panel line but its overall much more accurate. I bought mine in Brno, Chech Rep. few years ago. Also got the Pavla cockpit to go with it. It was a real bargain considering todays prices.

BTW i have seen a Monogram in market place part of a forum few days ago for a resonable price.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello gentlemen,

In advance, thanks.

Regards

In future, you might try Wings Palette (www.wp.scn.ru/), and Russian Aircraft Camouflage and Colors (http://br.geocities.com/alvmaia/Mig/), they are great resources for markings.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay but I didn't receive email notification.

Merci Diego pour les infos et pour le commentaire. J'espère , aussi

Thanks vimana for the link. I didn't know the second.

Regards

• 1 month later...
He's closed on Sunday and Monday. He is so old school, he only takes cash, no CC. If there are any left, I will hit the ATM and buy them all. I have one MIB but don't want to part with it. I also have one example of the Czech manufactured Su-25. Glad I held onto it during the great stash sell off of 2004.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave, I'm coming late to this party but, if you have not sold all those Frogfoots (Frogfeet?), please sell me one: Clark Cone clark dot cone at gmail dot com

THANKS!