1/48 Eduard Albatros C.III

It's done-finished up the landing gear last night. I have no idea when I'll have internet at home again so I figured I better get in when I can. I'll get pics this morning and hope this works when I get home tonight.

Ken

It worked! Let's see if this one does:

DSCN6958.jpg

There are still a few things I could do with it but for all intents and purposes it's done. Opening the exhaust opening, turnbuckles, aileron control horns come to mind. I thought it had an odd 'staggerwing' look before I double checked the drawings and found that the upper and lower wing leading edges are even, and they are on the kit-the Albatros C.III just looked like that. It's also supposed to have a "serial number" on the tail but I really don't have much chance of finding one. This is supposed to be one that was captured at Verdun in August 1916.

And thanks for the comments gents. It's my first serious WW I biplane since I was maybe 15 or 16 (about 30 years) and it was a helluva way to get back into it. It got me started on a DML Dr.I that's been sitting in the stash for a few years.

This one is for my (quite) late uncle Bert Dalmer-WW I modeler and enthusiast since the 30s, Cross and Cockade society member and B-17 tailgunner based in N. Africa in late 42-early 43, when the issue was in doubt. Also, primary carrier of the aviationlust disease that infected me at 5 years old.

Ken

Very sweet, Sir!

Glad you got this in under the wire. It is an excellent job. These old things can be catching, and there are a number of excellent kits available in 1/48 scale.

• 10 months later...