Italian A/F F-16's

Hello all,

A complete newbie question, so if it's very elementary to you, I ask for your patience.

I'm getting ready to start putting together the items required for my next project, and I am considering doing an F-16 as leased by the AMI since 2001, I believe. Anyway, what variant (A,B,C, Block??) is a suitable base kit in 1/48, and are there any decal sheets currently available because, of course, being able to build one will depend on available markings.

Again, please indulge me on my what may be a very elementary question, but I am inexperienced when it comes to aviation modelling, though I have been building models for +25yrs (racing automotive and motorcycles).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael

yes, there are decals.

but only in 1/48 scale (if im wrong someone correct me)

model aliance do an italian F-16 on their "world air power 1" sheet

and the better of the two, aztec decals do 2 on their Venimous Vipers sheet, one with the 5th and one with the 37 stormo.

and on the aztec you have a choice of either a F-16B Block 10 or a F-16A ADF Block 15.

so as for a kit if i were you i would wait for the new kinetic F-16 A/M (i think you can build a B out of it as well)

Richard

Edited by rjwood_uk

which scale were you thinking of doing?

Sorry, I didn't specify, did I? I will be building in 1/48.

Thank you for all your help, gentlemen. I will definately be checking the links and probably ordering a set of decals when I get home tonight.

To repay the favour: anyone thinking of building any racing cars or motorcycles (Motogp), and needs reference material you know who to contact.

Michael

which scale were you thinking of doing?

Sorry, I didn't specify, did I? I will be building in 1/48.

Thank you for all your help, gentlemen. I will definately be checking the links and probably ordering a set of decals when I get home tonight.

To repay the favour: anyone thinking of building any racing cars or motorcycles (Motogp), and needs reference material you know who to contact.

Michael

I think you will find interesting informations in my step by step build here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=133048

if you need references or photosdo not esitate to contact me directly at paolomaglio@gmail.com

Italy leased 34 airframes: 3 F-16B block 10, 1 F-16B ADF block 13 and 30 F-16A ADF block 15.

We have 2 Wings (5 and 37) and 3 Squadrons equipped with F-16.

Unfortunately so far we loose 5 of them.

Paolo

Italeri kit 2654 has ADF parts and decals for an Italian Viper. I'd recommend the decals - but not the kit.

ITALERI decals ar eunfortunately wrong, numbers are paintet in black instead of dark gray and decals are also prone to silvering, I don't have enought bad words to comment on the kit :deadhorse1: .