Thanks Raptor Supporter! Glad you like it!

Here's the latest scheme, "Red 07":

Flanker3.jpg

"Blue 38" to follow soon...Inspired by Fancherello's Su-27 build.

Both schemes are available on the Linden Hill "Flankers on Patrol; Guardians of the North" decal sheet. :crying2:

:blink:

Chris, that work is simply beautiful! are there no ends to your attention to detail and talent? :blink: Actually come to think of it I think you'll find that Red 07 had 44 rivets located just in front of the LERX not the 43 depicted! Start Again! :crying2:

Im now seriously thinking of grabbing one of these as a backdrop to a display of my forthcoming 1 32 beastie.

Great Art,Chris!

Any other draws except the starborad view?

And finally——any chance to convert a "Blue 41"? :)

Yufei

Wow Yufei! That looks incredible!!! ;)

When do we get the full photo-spread here on ARC??? I want more!

I've been considering doing the port side, but it would actually be quite a lot of work.

I chose the starboard because I like the looks of the gun panel but hadn't really considered that squadron and personal markings are usually on the port side. I added the squadron markings on the bottom of the picture to make up for this and kinda like it the way it is now.

I'm curious how many out there would prefer the port side?

As for doing "Blue 41", I just finished "Blue 38" and the two are very similar so I doubt I'll be offering "Blue 41". I'm anxious to move on and do some other schemes as well as other aircraft.

If the sales go well I may consider offering custom markings...

amazing stuff chirs!!!!

maybe next you could do one of your YF-23?

if you ever decide to do a thud please, pretty please do sinister vampire for me, il deffinatly buy a print of it!!!

Richard

Thanks Richard!

I will be doing the YF-23 at some point but have a few others in mind first :pray:

Here is the latest scheme, "Blue 38":

Flanker4.jpg

"Blue 38" is actually "Red 07" which was repainted with a new bort number when the 941st and 641st IAPs merged.

As I mentioned previously, both of these aircraft are on the Linden Hill sheet however I chose to do a later variation of the number style on "Blue 38" with the whits background being offset.

This is the dirtiest bird I've done so far which makes it my favorite.

Gotta luv a dirty bird! :)

Speaking of dirty birds...

For those who may have missed my latest posting on the 'what-if' thread, this is my favorite 'what-if' so far. Thanks to Geedubelyer for suggesting it to me!

Su-27Xwing.jpg

Ukrainian "Blue 08"

Flanker5.jpg

I picked up an 18" proof print from the local printer of "Blue 38" today. Wow!!! It looks nice... :thumbsup:

It came out much better than I had hoped for and the colors look spot on!

I need to do some minor adjustments on a few of the schemes and I still want to do a few more different schemes including the Russian Knights before I'm ready to go to market.

I had hoped to be able to offer the buyers a choice of paint scheme and weapons load, but there is a one time charge to me for each variation that they might be printing so I may have to narrow it down to fewer schemes for actual printing and/or pick one weapons configuration.

I'm leaning towards keeping all the schemes and only offering them fully loaded with missiles (except the Russian Knights which will be pylons only).

Comments and suggestions are welcome here but I think I might do a poll in the jet forum to see what schemes and load-outs are more popular...

:rolleyes:

Chris,

The graphics are looking great so far!

BTW, do you plan on marketing these to modellers or aviation enthusiasts in general? Obviously the enthusiast market is much wider and I suspect would sell much better if priced fairly. Just don't forget us modelers when you're rich. :-)

Cheers,

Terry

fancy doing the Ukrain demo bird?

id deffinatly buy that to display my model with.

Richard

Actually,,,,I've been gathering references for that scheme (Thanks Ken!!! :thumbsup: ).

I'm debating whether to do #48 as pictured in the three-view you attached, or #57 as in the photo you linked...

#48 is an early model (note the stinger on "Blue 08" that I just posted). #57 has the late model stinger which is more common...

Are any kits or conversions even available for the early stinger? If so in what scales?

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman
Are any kits or conversions even available for the early stinger? If so in what scales?

-_-

Not AFAIK - I did an early bird Su-27 years ago (on Linden Hill's website) - I removed the 'boxes' either side of the tailboom - and then added the strakes from plastic card.

Photof03.jpg

The chaff/flare boxes are embedded into the boom on early Flankers - and there are less of them.

su-27_01.jpg

Interestingly, the brand new Su-35 has a similar tailboom........

day03_046.jpg

Ken

I picked up an 18" proof print from the local printer.................... It looks nice... :yahoo:

It came out much better than I had hoped for and the colors look spot on!

:thumbsup:

Hi Zactodude.

All of these profiles are SMOKIN'

Any news on the progress of the Zacto-art release date?

:wacko:

Hey Chris, how about a Su-33 and Su-34 to vary it up? :deadhorse1:
Sorry Anthony but that would require very extensive rework, especially for the Su-34.

Perhaps some day though...

Hi Zactodude.

All of these profiles are SMOKIN'

Any news on the progress of the Zacto-art release date?

:cheers: Thanks Guy!

I'm debating whether to do more schemes or leave it at six, possibly replacing Ukrainian "Blue 56" with one of the blue/gold Ukrainian demo birds, either #48 or #57.

As I mentioned previously, the printer charges a one time set-up fee for each variation I want to print, so the more different paint schemes I do, the more things will end up costing.

I am still open to suggestions for different paint schemes though. I still haven't done a dark nosed bird, though I personally prefer the light nose, others may have differing tastes...

I'd like to open up sales very soon, perhaps a week or two at the most.

I'm anxious to get one printed for myself! I still have to decide which one I want the most! I may end up with more than one... :wacko:

I've updated my website and added a teaser page with click-able thumbs for all 6 schemes I've done so far. www.Zactomodels.com

Flanker1thumb.jpgFlanker2thumb.jpg

Flanker3thumb.jpgFlanker4thumb.jpg

Flanker5thumb.jpgFlanker6thumb.jpg

Including my latest, the Russian Knights early scheme:

Flanker6.jpg

:D

Just superb Zactoman :thumbsup:

I guess the number of schemes depends on how long it takes you to draw up and how commercially viable you think each profile will be. Choosing something that you like is all well and good but if you're the only one likely to shell out your hard earned then it could be an expensive indulgence.

Perhaps going the route of aircraft offered by kit manufacturers in the various scales could provide a commercial option.

Aside from you and I, I'm sure there would be many other modellers who would like their own models immortalised in print. Blue#24 with the dark nose that Trumpeter offers in their kit decals might prove a popular choice (plus you'd get to do a dark nosed bird).

My favourite is Red#51 but then I'm biased ;) . (If it's possible to customise the design I'd take it without weaponry and missing the two intake tunnel pylons.)

The demo teams should be a hit around the world and a couple of the more esoteric African schemes show great cammo. ( Check out Roms' current build)

What sort of feedback have you had upto this point?

:rofl:

Is there a way you can reverse the profile from left to right to right to left?
I wish it were an easy task but there are lots of different small details from left to right. It could be done though...

You're the third person to mention the left/right view question in this thread.

RedIndian mentioned that he liked the starboard view.

Yufei asked if there was a port view and my response was:

I've been considering doing the port side, but it would actually be quite a lot of work.

I chose the starboard because I like the looks of the gun panel but hadn't really considered that squadron and personal markings are usually on the port side. I added the squadron markings on the bottom of the picture to make up for this and kinda like it the way it is now.

I'm curious how many out there would prefer the port side?

Nobody has replied to the question since...I hope that nobody really objects to the starboard view, but would like to know if they do...

I've been making lots of small adjustments and additions to the drawing, including reworking the entire gun panel area as it seemed just a tad too tall. A lot of work for a subtle change, but it seems more accurate now and markings on certain schemes now fit where they were slightly cramped before.

I will be updating all six of the schemes with the corrections before going to print.

Thanks for all the great input Guy!

Sound advice all around.

At this point I think I'll go with 8 schemes total.

I'm just getting started on Ukrainian demo bird #57 (sorry Richard, as there isn't a kit or conversion for the early model (yet :) ), I decided against #48 for now...).

"Blue 24" does seem like a nice option for my eighth scheme though I'm still open to suggestions.

The esoteric schemes are interesting but I'd guess that fewer customers would choose to purchase them.

The Angolan scheme that Rom is building is very nice, perhaps the nicest 'real' Flanker scheme available...

I initially considered doing the Chinese scheme, but decided it's too boring...

I personally like the Eritrean splinter scheme.

My absolute favorite though:

Su-27SEA.jpg

How cool would that be in 1/32? :o

:thumbsup:

Thanks Zacto for the information. I don't read all post in threads otherwise I'd be on all night. Had I see that post, I would have added that I would prefer the port side profile. To me, it seems to be the standard (and yeah, names and maybe unique unit marking are usually on the left side which I like) and would go with the rest of the profiles I have instead of having a Flanker or two facing the opposite direction. Looking forward to seeing the updates.

Thanks again, even more for the education in printing guys!!! :)

Very nice Sabre Don! That must have been a huge file to get that much detail!

Cool banner Wasserfall! Is that hanging in your shop now?

No real progress on printer research since my last post. I've been busy doing new molds and casting parts...

I'm going to be meeting with a local printer next week. Cross your fingers...

Playing around with another scheme. It's not quite finished...

Flanker2.jpg

More to follow.

Any particular paint schemes you'd like to see done?

Any help with close-up pics or references for Flanker markings would be appreciated...

I also added another Flanker to the 'what-if schemes' thread!

:cheers:

Chris,

How about the 10 Red, a rare sharkmouthed SU-27 operated by the Lipetsk Combat Training Centre...

Or how about the 08 Red operated by the Lipetsk Centre which is painted with a complete shark, not just an average sharkmouth....The color combination of the Rad and blue of the shark would look AWESOME....MY " what color scheme I'd like to see".....and this profile would look GREAT,.......

HOLMES....

:bandhead2:

Edited by HOLMES